Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Fujifilm VPB-XT2 vertical grip - how do you attach a strap?

ben_

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fujifilm VPB-XT2 vertical grip - how do you attach a strap?

What's the proper method for attaching a strap to the single bar mount on the bottom of the grip?

Anyone have a photo?

Oct 20, 2016 at 01:16 AM
Pavel
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fujifilm VPB-XT2 vertical grip - how do you attach a strap?

ahh... sorry I can't answer but if there is a mount at the bottom I'm very happy - because I don't like to have a neck strap, but rather a hand grip and was wondering if there was a way to do it. But I'd think a normal strap could go on the same as onto the regular lugs ... and those directions are in the manual. Good luck.

Oct 25, 2016 at 12:09 AM
cbaron
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fujifilm VPB-XT2 vertical grip - how do you attach a strap?

It depends on your strap I guess, but my Black Rapid strap attaches to the threaded hole in the centre of the grip. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could leave it attached while using the mounting plate aspect of the grip in my new MeFoto tripod without causing any instability. On a really windy day I might remove it so as to centre the camera in the head, but the camera with lens just isn't that heavy and it might not be necessary.

I'll snag a pic of it tomorrow morning for you.

edit: never mind. I have the MHG-XT2 not the Battery grip. What I wrote applies to your situation in no way whatsoever.

Sorry about that.

Oct 25, 2016 at 06:26 AM
ben_

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fujifilm VPB-XT2 vertical grip - how do you attach a strap?

I ended up mounting one end of the strap to the right camera mounting lug (when viewed from the top), and the other to the lug on the bottom of the grip. the camera hangs flat vertically now and is very comfy to carry.

Oct 26, 2016 at 02:57 PM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fujifilm VPB-XT2 vertical grip - how do you attach a strap?

I just use a Black Rapid strap. I will use a wrist strap, but not with the VG. I figure the VG makes it DSLR-like, so why not use a solid strap? Hangs well and stays out of my way (mostly).

Oct 26, 2016 at 03:18 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password