New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Senior Session w/My Daughter

CJMiller
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Senior Session w/My Daughter

First post here on the "People Forum". I have been paying close attention for several years, following along, reading and enjoying the forum daily. I have four daughters who have been willing participants so far. My 17 year old and I have been out a couple times this fall. Just started shooting raw so I am very new to processing in Lightroom. Lots of work to do on that end.
Thanks for looking.
Chris

Oct 19, 2016 at 07:01 PM
fstop212
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Senior Session w/My Daughter

these are all wonderful. If I had to choose my favorite, it would be a tossup between 2 and 4. Your daughter has beautiful eyes. She looks very natural in these shots. Great job.

Oct 19, 2016 at 07:25 PM
01Ryan10
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Senior Session w/My Daughter

You've got great and even lighting in all of them. All four pics fit the "Senior" style very well.

Oct 19, 2016 at 07:27 PM
Max_Pain
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Senior Session w/My Daughter

I think #4 is my favorite. The background really compliments her eyes. What lens are you using to achieve that delicious bokeh?

By the way, I can see #3 on any teen magazine any day. Great job.

Oct 19, 2016 at 08:22 PM
Vcook
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Senior Session w/My Daughter

All lovely, beautiful daughter. It's #1 for me as best, I prefer #4 but it seems you just missed focus on it as her hands appear sharper than her eyes.

Oct 19, 2016 at 09:21 PM
CJMiller
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Senior Session w/My Daughter

Thank you so much to everyone that has taken the time to comment-I appreciate it. #1 and #3 were taken with the Nikon D7200/Sigma 50-100 1.8. #2 and #4 were taken with the Sigma 120-300Sport. I wish I had left myself a bit more room to the left on #2. I hope to get out a few more times with her now that the leaves are changing....I'm having fun, so until she tells me she's had enough I'll keep shooting.

Oct 19, 2016 at 09:29 PM
CJMiller
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Senior Session w/My Daughter

Vcook wrote:
All lovely, beautiful daughter. It's #1 for me as best, I prefer #4 but it seems you just missed focus on it as her hands appear sharper than her eyes.

Nice catch. You're right, it looks like focus is on her hands. I'll take a look to see if I have one with focus on her eyes. Thanks for the heads up.

Oct 19, 2016 at 09:38 PM
viablex1

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Senior Session w/My Daughter

this is very good work!!

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:15 PM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Senior Session w/My Daughter

Wow dad, meet those boys she brings home with your shotgun in your hands......great photos. The last one I would have cropped at the fence.....

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:16 PM
imthegasman

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Senior Session w/My Daughter

Nice set. Beautiful young lady. #4 for me.

Go Hawks.

`Richard

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:22 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

CJMiller
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Senior Session w/My Daughter

Thanks for kind remarks everyone. Herb, I agree with your suggestion on crop of #4. I actually printed that version. In my haste to post these, I failed to make that adjustment.
Richard, I'm afraid the Hawks are in for a tough stretch....Wisconsin this weekend? Should be a busy weekend in town.
Chris

Oct 20, 2016 at 12:04 AM
glennh56
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Senior Session w/My Daughter

CJMiller wrote:
Thank you so much to everyone that has taken the time to comment-I appreciate it. #1 and #3 were taken with the Nikon D7200/Sigma 50-100 1.8. #2 and #4 were taken with the Sigma 120-300Sport. I wish I had left myself a bit more room to the left on #2. I hope to get out a few more times with her now that the leaves are changing....I'm having fun, so until she tells me she's had enough I'll keep shooting.

All are nice, but the Sigma 1.8 look really good to me.

Oct 20, 2016 at 01:10 AM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Senior Session w/My Daughter

What a gorgeous young lady. Numbers 1 and 4 hit it for me; I agree that 4 would work better if her eyes were a bit crisper. Well done!

Oct 20, 2016 at 05:49 PM
CJMiller
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Senior Session w/My Daughter

Thanks Glenn. I am a sucker for the bokeh of the long lens, but the sharpness of the Sigma 50-100 is hard to deny. The Sigma 120-300Sport is so heavy-I'm guessing my technique has room for improvement.

Oct 20, 2016 at 08:04 PM
CJMiller
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Senior Session w/My Daughter

Sharona wrote:
What a gorgeous young lady. Numbers 1 and 4 hit it for me; I agree that 4 would work better if her eyes were a bit crisper. Well done!

Thanks a lot Sharon, I'm hoping to give it another try Sunday if this beautiful weather continues.

Oct 20, 2016 at 08:07 PM
docsmiles17
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Senior Session w/My Daughter

Well done. Some great poses and images! You nailed #4. Great pose, background and lighting. #3 very nice too.

A couple nits

In #1, i would crop from bottom to eliminate her legs. The angle of them in combo with her arm position looks bit odd

#2 blue background distracts and her forehead is bit overexposed

Oct 21, 2016 at 04:03 AM
CJMiller
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Senior Session w/My Daughter

docsmiles17 wrote:
Well done. Some great poses and images! You nailed #4. Great pose, background and lighting. #3 very nice too.

A couple nits

In #1, i would crop from bottom to eliminate her legs. The angle of them in combo with her arm position looks bit odd

#2 blue background distracts and her forehead is bit overexposed

Thanks Doc. I am glad I posted these because it is making me take a second look at all my images from those three shoots. I guess that's why they call it a learning process. Now that you mention it, #2 is overexposed. Something must have happened on the upload-I may have chose the wrong version to post.
#1 wasn't my favorite pose either-I have closer cropped versions.

Oct 21, 2016 at 04:24 AM
CJMiller
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Senior Session w/My Daughter

Here is different take on #1, maybe too serious, but I have several others.
Thanks again for all the feedback!

Oct 21, 2016 at 04:44 AM
Brev00
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Senior Session w/My Daughter

Lovely set and daughter. You did a great job creating the well blurred backgrounds in #1, #2, and #4 but I will go against the grain and select #3 as my fave. I like the clarity including the foreground bricks. The image has a strong sense of reality to it. The red of the bricks complements your daughter and her clothing well. I am a big fan of bokeh but, I think, in this set, the blurred backgrounds detract a bit from your subject especially in the intensity of some of the tones. #3 has a nice calm feel to it. The new pic is lovely but with the same nit: she might really look great with a darker, less busy background (the white bar detracts, imo). Since all of these are cropped above her feet, it would be nice to see a full body shot, too, if you have one.

Oct 21, 2016 at 04:48 PM
pmartin4665
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Senior Session w/My Daughter

Beautiful daughter and great shots!!!!

Oct 21, 2016 at 05:26 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password