New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Preparing my expendable 7D for supertyphoon 'Haima'

scalesusa
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Preparing my expendable 7D for supertyphoon 'Haima'

Although you sound safe, I am sure that many will lose their lives. I wish it were not so. Technology does save lives by keeping people informed, but some still cannot find a safe place, or will not.

Oct 20, 2016 at 03:02 AM
KKFung
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Preparing my expendable 7D for supertyphoon 'Haima'

Liquidstone wrote:
We have no grid power now, nor DSL service. I'm fortunate we have a backup genset where I'm located. Wireless broadband internet (via a mobile phone company) still works. We are still awaiting for news on what happened to the inhabitants in the areas where the supertyphoon made a landfall, before it was slowed down by the mountain range.

Wow, take care man!

Hong Kong is much safer, all concrete building, wire is underground

Oct 20, 2016 at 05:01 AM
IndyFab
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Preparing my expendable 7D for supertyphoon 'Haima'

Liquidstone wrote:
The supertyphoon weakened slightly when it hit the Cordillera mountain range after making landfall. The winds aren't as strong as feared, especially where I'm located (about 200 km south of the path of the eye).

I hope its strength dissipates further in the South China Sea before it arrives in your area, KK!

Be safe, we just went through this in Fl with Hurricane Matthew

same to you KK

Oct 20, 2016 at 05:09 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Preparing my expendable 7D for supertyphoon 'Haima'

Maybe it can do some good and change course and erase China's artifical islands aka military outposts

Oct 20, 2016 at 05:34 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Michael White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Preparing my expendable 7D for supertyphoon 'Haima'

I think if I was worried about the gear I would use a heavierier weight plastic if your not able to get a proper storm suit for your camera in the desert here I carry a storm jacket setup I bought several years ago for the many dust storms and few rain showers. Also a filter to protect the front element would be my choice. I'm going to be in Charleston sc this winter and if it seems it's a wet winter I'll upgrade to a think tank storm suit with the rear port etc. now if your willing to sacrifice the gear except for the cf card with you data on it then it seems like a waste. Now an original rebel with a $50 kit lens I could see. I've three bodies 7d2, 7d, 40d plus a dead rebel. None of my lenses would be a candidate for sacrifice or my body but the 40 d get the most risky setups and the 7d2. Is my main body with the 7d being my backup or second body. I guess the 40 d will be used most on my new remote camera set using the camraner scanning head and or camranger depending on its placement. Currently for testing purposes the panning /tilt head is mounted to a Bogen camera platform for magic arms. It is attached to The variable friction magic arm attached to a super clamp mount on my diner table in my Motorhome. The set will also accept one of the tree hero camera's that I have or a dslr. The nice thing I'd I can trigger the dslr either with the camranger or a pw radio. The hero either has to be started manually direct or I have to find my remote for it. If I was in his situation I would mount two hero cams one for video and one for time lapse and secure them to something that should be there after everything is over use the us cases that they come in and charge the batteries and use a battery PAC on the video one the time lapse shouldn't need it.

Oct 20, 2016 at 05:37 AM
Liquidstone
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Preparing my expendable 7D for supertyphoon 'Haima'

Thanks everyone for your kind posts. The wind and heavy rains have died down now, and grid power/DSL are back.

I was not able to film spectacularly exploding leaves and branches, as my location wasn't hit very hard. Of course, that's not a bad thing. I'd rather miss a unique filming opportunity, than lose something else.

Oct 20, 2016 at 07:14 AM
MikeyV
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Preparing my expendable 7D for supertyphoon 'Haima'

Very happy you came through this unscathed. Hope all is well over there.

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:24 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password