New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Voigtlander 125

nehemiahphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Voigtlander 125

Interested in this lens...

Anyone one know how it does at infinite?

And how does it compare to the Zeiss 135 APO?

I owned two copies of the 180 lanther, and while I liked quite a bit, I didn't find the infinite to be as good as other distances, so I ended up selling.

I should add, I realize the differences in specs/wait/size between the 135 ZF and 135 CV...I am strictly interested in IQ. From what I can tell, the ZF seems to be a notch above the CV 125 (and pretty much everything else)...

Oct 19, 2016 at 04:14 AM
f.hayek
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Voigtlander 125

-Remember that unlike the ZF 135, the CV 125 is a macro, and a rather fine one at that.
-Unlike the ZF, the CV does requires ƒ/5.6 for peak performance. It cannot match the Zeiss at the wider apertures they share in common.
-The Voigtländer renders colors a little warmer than the Zeiss.
-It is also a bit larger & heavier than the 180 but a better optic overall (if that's your point of reference)
-Does not have the focus twitchiness at infinity/near-infinity of the 180.

The Zeiss is built to tighter tolerances and will have less sample variation. Given that the original ZF now sells for less than the cult CV, I'd probably go for it if macro capabilities aren't needed. But having said that, the 125 was by far my favorite lens when I shot Nikon; I owned about 20 F-mount lenses.

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:44 AM
nehemiahphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Voigtlander 125

f.hayek wrote:
-Remember that unlike the ZF 135, the CV 125 is a macro, and a rather fine one at that.
-Unlike the ZF, the CV does requires ƒ/5.6 for peak performance. It cannot match the Zeiss at the wider apertures they share in common.
-The Voigtländer renders colors a little warmer than the Zeiss.
-It is also a bit larger & heavier than the 180 but a better optic overall (if that's your point of reference)
-Does not have the focus twitchiness at infinity/near-infinity of the 180.

The Zeiss is built to tighter tolerances and will have less sample variation. Given that the original ZF now
...Show more

Very helpful. Thank you. How is the focus throw at non-macro distances?

Oct 19, 2016 at 03:41 PM
f.hayek
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Voigtlander 125

Longish but not oppressive. Enough play to get focus correctly with little effort.

Oct 20, 2016 at 12:12 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password