New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · A Couple More Friends

ChaseD
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A Couple More Friends

About a week ago I posted a few pictures of some friends and asked for critiques. Along the way I learned that my photos were nowhere near as sharp as they could be. With my new found knowledge, I set out to practice more, this time with my fiancee's cousin, and her cousins friend. I learned so much from this little shoot, and already have plans for more. I am much happier with these overall. Please feel free to critique.

Rest of album: https://flic.kr/s/aHskLSuKSk

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:05 PM
Vcook
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A Couple More Friends

these are tremendously better than the first, keep shooting!

Oct 19, 2016 at 08:55 AM
gshawus
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A Couple More Friends

Nice images with nice processing, however number 2 has a major
distraction with that out of focus post. It would make a great vertical image if you would crop the right side out and maybe darken the background a bit
Good luck

Oct 19, 2016 at 09:36 AM
01Ryan10
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A Couple More Friends

Far better. Seems like you're using a much higher quality lens too.

Oct 19, 2016 at 09:40 AM
ChaseD
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A Couple More Friends

Believe it or not, this is the same 50mm 1.8g that I used in last weeks post. I took Vcook's advice and fine tuned the lens, stopped shooting wide open, and bumped up the shutter speed. My photos have been so much more sharp ever since. I'm incredibly thankful for forums such as FM where people are more than willing to give a brutally honest critique.

As an aside, I agree that a tighter crop on the stair picture looks better, however several others I've shared the photo with seem to like the out of focus post on the left. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:42 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.