Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Significant moire on X-E2S video?

Max_Pain
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Significant moire on X-E2S video?

Hi guys.

I'm not a video guy, by far, but have been trying to do little videos here and there lately. Yesterday I did a photoshoot for my son using my Canon gear. I set up the X-E2S to record video of the set up and the photoshoot to have a BTS kind of thing. And imagine when I get home to view the raw MOV files and see that there is significant, distracting, and blatantly obvious moire going on.

For an idea of the outfit causing the moire, check out the photoshoot photos below:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1456102

On my 6D, no moire to be seen on the photos. On the video, it's as if focus peaking was recorded into the video itself (I used it to manually pre-focus) ... it's visible when playing back in Windows Videos, VLC Player, and where I will be editing, Sony Vegas.

Is this a Fuji thing? Is it a X-E2S thing? And more importantly, is this something I can correct in post? I fear the video will be useless otherwise

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Here's the video:

Oct 18, 2016 at 03:55 PM
Max_Pain
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Significant moire on X-E2S video?

Really? Nobody has recorded video with their Fuji and experienced moire? I would love some feedback on this...

But I guess it's a bit of a moot point. I'm purchasing a 5D IV next week and my 6D will be the BTS video camera, so I suppose I won't have to deal with Fuji's sensor crapping out on video. But would still like to know why it happened here.

Oct 19, 2016 at 08:17 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password