Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2016 · I want to buy the D750, but I can't...

Steve Perry
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · I want to buy the D750, but I can't...

I seamlessly switch between a D5, D500, D810, and D7200 - and I'm possibly the most uncoordinated member of this forum. If I can do you can too

Oct 18, 2016 at 06:36 PM
Vcize
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · I want to buy the D750, but I can't...

I went from a D800 to a D750 and the AF-ON location drove me crazy for the first few days, as well as a few other button changes from the D800. Some bothered me for 2 days, some for 2 weeks, but it wasn't long before it was all clicking. I don't even notice anymore.

Oct 18, 2016 at 06:38 PM
bocajrs
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · I want to buy the D750, but I can't...

Same here...glad I dumped the d800 for d750..no regrets 😀

Vcize wrote:
I went from a D800 to a D750 and the AF-ON location drove me crazy for the first few days, as well as a few other button changes from the D800. Some bothered me for 2 days, some for 2 weeks, but it wasn't long before it was all clicking. I don't even notice anymore.

Oct 18, 2016 at 07:04 PM
Andrew Pece Photography
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · I want to buy the D750, but I can't...

I'd bet anything if your d700 had the af on button where the d750 has it, you'd demand that orientation instead. In other words, it's just a matter of getting accustomed to it. I don't think stuff like this is a reason not to buy a body.

Oct 18, 2016 at 08:44 PM
lxdesign
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · I want to buy the D750, but I can't...

I honestly have never used the AF-on button on any of my camera's.... never been an issue for me.

Oct 18, 2016 at 09:59 PM
Two23
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · I want to buy the D750, but I can't...

lxdesign wrote:
I honestly have never used the AF-on button on any of my camera's.... never been an issue for me.

Same here. I just use the half press method, and that works on all my Nikons. Except for the F3T, he he! Really, this is a big fuss about nothing. Just concentrate on the image. This past week I've used a Chamonix 045n 4x5, D800E, D3300, Voigtlander Vitessa, Kodak Brownie No.2, and a Leica IIIc. Cripes, they all take pictures basically the same way. If you are shooting daily for a living in a fast environment (sports, weddings,) I can see wanting to have two cameras exactly the same, but I don't think this is the case with the OP.

Kent in SD

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:41 PM
kipkeston
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · I want to buy the D750, but I can't...

conrad2nr wrote:
On the plus side you now have
Center D-pad = 100% magnification and so many other goodies.

The D700 can be programmed to do 100% mag on the center d-pad button too. I never use the +- buttons on the D700.

Oct 19, 2016 at 02:49 AM
la puffin
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · I want to buy the D750, but I can't...

RSHPhotography wrote:
I need to retire my D700 and get a new FX camera. I love the D750 but I hate the ergonomics. I cannot and will not get used to the AF ON button being the same distance as the earth and the moon from where it is on the D700. I'm a back button focuser so it's been bothering me. I've rented the camera several times and it is beautiful in everything it does.

I get it. I was having difficulty switching back and forth between a D500 and D750. However, if you're only using one body all the time, by the time you fire 1,000 frames or so, muscle memory should have taken over and you should be used to it, not thinking about it anymore.

Oct 19, 2016 at 02:57 AM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · I want to buy the D750, but I can't...

Many, many years ago, my first laptop... I wrote what turned out to be a 500 page dissertation on it, probably edited down from 3,000 or so pages drafted. After a year and a half the left-click touch pad button collapsed in surrender (it still more or less worked I just had to stab and nurse it at a different angle); and the most used keys were burnished to a high polish from my fingerprints.

I remember at the time making note that every other laptop I might own in the future had to have that precise keyboard layout including Delete being upper most right otherwise I'd never get used to it.

Every time I think back on that and all the laptops I've used since I have to laugh at myself and how I completely underestimated my ability to adapt and survive.

Oct 19, 2016 at 05:48 AM
pr4photos
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · I want to buy the D750, but I can't...

I had a D700, then got a D800, and then added a D750 to the arsenal. Might take a couple of days to get used to, but honestly.......the D750 is my main camera now. Sits so much better in the hand, is smaller and lighter, and is a joy to use

Oct 19, 2016 at 06:19 AM
henry albert
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · I want to buy the D750, but I can't...

Since buying my first camera in 1970, I've owned and used 16 bodies. Lucky I could adapt, or I'd still be using a Nikkormat with shutter speed ring around the mount.

Oct 19, 2016 at 07:23 AM
r.gil
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · I want to buy the D750, but I can't...

Had the d700 then the d750 and now sony a7...If you concentrate on taking pictures you fingers will adjust to anything...

Oct 19, 2016 at 09:51 AM
Ayoul
• •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · I want to buy the D750, but I can't...

I had a D700 for 4 years before getting my D750. It took me maybe a few hours to adapt at 90%, and one week at most to really feel the body like it was mine since decades...

Ok, the af-on button is not at the best place compared to the one on the D700, but I use it exclusively (and intensively) and don't find it unconvenient at all. And I have small hands... For everything else, the D750 fits better in my hands. It's both lighter and more comfortable to hold because of the (far) better handgrip.

However, if you've rented it several times and still can't get used to it, maybe that it is not for you... But it depends of the duration of the rental. Rent it for a complete week or two and you will know for sure if the D750 can be yours or not...

Oct 19, 2016 at 12:06 PM
effigy

p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · I want to buy the D750, but I can't...

I used the D700 for a long time and loved it. Only nit pick was I wished the grip was deeper...

Now I'm mostly shooting the D750, and I love it. Only nit pick is the shutter is a bit loud.

Oct 19, 2016 at 12:36 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · I want to buy the D750, but I can't...

I borrowed a D750 last month and I have to say, not a fan of the grip. I don't back-button focus, so that isn't an issue for me.

In the interest of keeping your buttons where you want them and presume you're interested in spending D750 money, you could move to a used D810 or D4 and probably be right at home (depending if you're more interested in the MP or high ISO).

Oct 19, 2016 at 02:30 PM
tock13

p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · I want to buy the D750, but I can't...

I absolutely know I am in the minority on this one so go lightly. I am in the exact situation where I went from a D700 to D750. I shoot high school and youth football and Lacrosse and I have never shot a game where I didn't want to throw the camera across the field. The layout makes absolutely no sense, yeah I can find settings and buttons if I look for it but I don't want to look for it! Why the tiny buffer and 1/4000 top end...that just boggles my mind. The pictures are stunning, no doubt. I am constantly blown away by them, especially from the black hole of high school fields at night. Amazing quality to the captures in any kind of light for sure. I am in no way in the same league to most of the photographers in this forum but the fumbling with some entry level consumer button\function layout has worn me thin. Still haven't found the viewfinder eye piece that falls off if you breath on it wrong.

Then there are ERR the lockups which I need to deal with now that football is over. I have fought the urge for a season but I am on to a D500 or D4s for sure and will donate this one.

Nov 04, 2016 at 12:00 PM
Joseph.
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · I want to buy the D750, but I can't...

Loved the D750.. my only issue with it was the stupid plastic eyepiece that keeps popping off. I love the round eye viewfinder of the D810, Df, D4, etc.

Nov 04, 2016 at 01:07 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · I want to buy the D750, but I can't...

Muscles don't have memory

Nov 04, 2016 at 01:22 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · I want to buy the D750, but I can't...

tock13 wrote:
I absolutely know I am in the minority on this one so go lightly. I am in the exact situation where I went from a D700 to D750. I shoot high school and youth football and Lacrosse and I have never shot a game where I didn't want to throw the camera across the field. The layout makes absolutely no sense, yeah I can find settings and buttons if I look for it but I don't want to look for it! Why the tiny buffer and 1/4000 top end...that just boggles my mind. The pictures are stunning, no doubt.
...Show more

add to that possibly the WORST sounding shutter Nikon ever released!

Nov 04, 2016 at 02:02 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · I want to buy the D750, but I can't...

anthonysemone wrote:
Muscles don't have memory

Mine do! Have you seen my 'guns'

Nov 04, 2016 at 02:03 PM
       3       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.