New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Convict Lake

Fred Amico
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Convict Lake

posted a color version in the Landscape forum, but wanted some feedback to see if this also works in b&w.

Oct 17, 2016 at 04:38 PM
tomandmarj
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Convict Lake

funny! I am going to be at Convict Lake in 2 days; also stopping at Tom's Place to buy new t-shirts! we 'Toms' have to have our wear . . . .

anyway, I like the image. I may suggest a vignette to help pull us away from such a light sky and into the center of the image.

regards, tom

Oct 17, 2016 at 08:12 PM
docsmiles17
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Convict Lake

The whites are too hot and total black in LL distracting. Its not real clear on where the sky starts and mountain ends on upper left side. Play around with your processing more

Oct 17, 2016 at 10:57 PM
lostinjapan
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Convict Lake

Overall it has a lot of potential but as others have pointed out the highliare way to bright. Also try to get some detail in the sky and better separation between the sky and mountain.

Ryan

Oct 18, 2016 at 07:08 AM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Convict Lake

Thank you, all, for taking the time to comment. My processing skills have always been, and still are, weak. I need to work on what you said, and hopefully improve this image, and my overall skill.

Oct 18, 2016 at 04:41 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Convict Lake

Fred Amico wrote:
Thank you, all, for taking the time to comment. My processing skills have always been, and still are, weak. I need to work on what you said, and hopefully improve this image, and my overall skill.

I must agree with others' comments. The grittiness strikes me; I have noticed Fuji files often need a more delicate touch. And, in my case anyway, Silver Efex Pro offers too many opportunities to get carried away with the processing - often for me less is better.

Best,

Bob

Oct 19, 2016 at 06:20 AM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Convict Lake

Bob Jarman wrote:
I must agree with others' comments. The grittiness strikes me; I have noticed Fuji files often need a more delicate touch. And, in my case anyway, Silver Efex Pro offers too many opportunities to get carried away with the processing - often for me less is better.

Best,

Bob

Thanks, Bob, and you're right - I'm slowly finding the same about Fuji files. They do require a more delicate touch than I am used to using. Need to be a little smarter with my processing.

Oct 19, 2016 at 12:30 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.