Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · BH Holiday - Am I out of luck?

mjbetch
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · BH Holiday - Am I out of luck?

I purchased a lens from BH a day before (15th) their stores were scheduled to close (16th). Now, my order is stuck in processing. BH does not reopen until the 28th. Am I screwed until then?

I don't get why they say they'll process orders until 1pm of the scheduled close date and make it seem that they'll fulfill/ship orders by then. Maybe it's just me assuming things.

I guess this is more of a vent post. Anybody have any experience?

Oct 17, 2016 at 09:00 PM
Fred Amico
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · BH Holiday - Am I out of luck?

Hopefully Henry Posner from B&H will see your post and be able to respond.

Oct 17, 2016 at 09:43 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · BH Holiday - Am I out of luck?

Did the site indicate that Oct 15 (Saturday) orders would ship on Monday or just that they would be open Saturday for taking orders? Of course it is possible something else happened with the order. I would order a few days early to avoid potential problems.

EBH

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:16 AM
mjbetch
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · BH Holiday - Am I out of luck?

EB-1 wrote:
Did the site indicate that Oct 15 (Saturday) orders would ship on Monday or just that they would be open Saturday for taking orders? Of course it is possible something else happened with the order. I would order a few days early to avoid potential problems.

EBH

This is from their site: "Shipping
Orders placed before 12am ET on Sun, Oct 16 will be processed prior to the holiday closing."

I assumed this meant that I would have made the cut off, but I guess not. Oh well. I was trying to order it a day before, but PayPal was taking longer than usual with my funds and I wasn't able to purchase. Just my luck really. Guess I just have to wait.

Oct 18, 2016 at 02:11 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · BH Holiday - Am I out of luck?

I've never used Paypals at retail and after a disaster about 10 years ago am done with those crooks entirely. I think BH process CC in real time, unless the item is on B/O and then it is the day before shipping.

EBH

Oct 18, 2016 at 03:20 AM
mjbetch
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · BH Holiday - Am I out of luck?

Anyone have any direct contacts to B&H? I've already e-mailed Mr. Henry Posner.

I've called numerous times and I keep getting the runaround with them. My order still has not moved since the order was placed.

Definitely my last time shopping used with them.

Oct 28, 2016 at 01:59 PM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · BH Holiday - Am I out of luck?

Definitely my last time shopping used with them.

I really can't understand this logic. It was very clearly explained on their website as to when they would be down, and when they would resume business. I respect B & H's adherence to their religious ideals, business practices and holidays. It's one of the main reasons, besides price, that I choose to buy from them. You deserting them as a supplier will be your loss, not theirs.

Oct 28, 2016 at 02:27 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · BH Holiday - Am I out of luck?

^^^^^ +1 BH could not have been more explicit about order processing during their religious season.... indeed, it was your assumptions that led you to conclude otherwise.

Oct 28, 2016 at 02:35 PM
mjbetch
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · BH Holiday - Am I out of luck?

Sarsfield wrote:
I really can't understand this logic. It was very clearly explained on their website as to when they would be down, and when they would resume business. I respect B & H's adherence to their religious ideals, business practices and holidays. It's one of the main reasons, besides price, that I choose to buy from them. You deserting them as a supplier will be your loss, not theirs.

anthonysemone wrote:
^^^^^ +1 BH could not have been more explicit about order processing during their religious season.... indeed, it was your assumptions that led you to conclude otherwise.

Sarsfield, the keyword is "used." I will still be shopping with them in the future, just not for used items. I don't want to risk this happening again. I can get my used equipment elsewhere. Just curious, you shop with B&H because of their religious practices/holidays? Regardless, my frustration has nothing to do with religion or holidays.

I, too, respect B&H's religious ideals. I don't have a problem with that at all. I spoke with a B&H rep on the 15th. He told me that if I ordered it that day, it would still go out regardless of the holiday. Never did. No big deal, I understand. So, anthonysemone my assumptions were not concluded by myself, but rather the B&H rep that told me so... But you wouldn't know that because I wasn't that detailed in my original post. Apologies.

B&H returned to normal business on the 26th. I gave them a call later in the day to see if it would be shipped that day. The gentleman I spoke with confirmed that I should receive an e-mail that night. No e-mail, no shipment. I called in the next day (yesterday) and customer service said the same thing. I requested an upgrade to 1-day shipping in which thankfully, they obliged. I finally got an e-mail later in the night stating it had been shipped. I check the status on UPS this morning and it still says "Order Processed: Ready for UPS," meaning I'm not getting my order today. I spoke with a UPS rep and they said they have not received anything from the shipper and to contact them.

So, here I am. I've contacted B&H numerous times and have gotten nothing of substance. I was hoping to have the lens this weekend for a shoot but apparently 4 days isn't enough for B&H to ship something out with expedited shipping. Silly me for making that assumption. Again, my frustration is not about the holiday, but rather how this situation is being handled after it. The holiday has nothing to do with it at this point.

Oct 28, 2016 at 07:17 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · BH Holiday - Am I out of luck?

I would contact Mr. Posner again and include the information you've provided here. I can't recall if he prefers PM or email contact, but I'm guessing the latter. He has been just exceptionally helpful to all who have asked him for that. I'd mention that he of course would be unlikely to respond during the holidays. No apologies necessary. HTH

Oct 28, 2016 at 08:19 PM
mjbetch
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · BH Holiday - Am I out of luck?

anthonysemone wrote:
I would contact Mr. Posner again and include the information you've provided here. I can't recall if he prefers PM or email contact, but I'm guessing the latter. He has been just exceptionally helpful to all who have asked him for that. I'd mention that he of course would be unlikely to respond during the holidays. No apologies necessary. HTH

I think Mr. Posner has done all he could do really. I've given him the info and I don't think there's anything else I can do but wait. Ah, I was just really hoping to use this lens for the weekend! Now I'm just really scared if something happened to the package either in or out of B&H's hands. Can't really replace a used item. If anything, I'll probably get it mid-late next week. Bummer.

Oct 28, 2016 at 09:12 PM
chez
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · BH Holiday - Am I out of luck?

mjbetch wrote:
I think Mr. Posner has done all he could do really. I've given him the info and I don't think there's anything else I can do but wait. Ah, I was just really hoping to use this lens for the weekend! Now I'm just really scared if something happened to the package either in or out of B&H's hands. Can't really replace a used item. If anything, I'll probably get it mid-late next week. Bummer.

I feel your frustrations. Issues happen...it's how these issues are dealt with that really separates companies. Seems like this time around, balls are dropping everywhere.

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:22 PM
mjbetch
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · BH Holiday - Am I out of luck?

I feel your frustrations. Issues happen...it's how these issues are dealt with that really separates companies. Seems like this time around, balls are dropping everywhere.

Exactly. I mean, to their defense, they're sending me a $25 gift card, but I just wish instead that they would just provide some information.

Oct 29, 2016 at 01:01 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · BH Holiday - Am I out of luck?

anthonysemone wrote:

He prefers email Tony...
S/F

Oct 29, 2016 at 05:58 PM
mjbetch
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · BH Holiday - Am I out of luck?

I guess I'll just continue to vent my frustrations via this post lol.

I received the lens yesterday. It has internal dust under the front element and was smudged all over the rear element./">

I called B&H Used department and they told me to e-mail them. Still no response. The associates there already know me and I can sense are frustrated with me. But hey, not all my fault *shrugs. I'll give it another day. Maybe reach out to Mr. Posner again.

You guys got any advice for me?

Two dust specs under the element.

I can't believe this is how I received a 9+ item.

Nov 02, 2016 at 12:51 AM
henryp
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · BH Holiday - Am I out of luck?

mjbetch wrote:
I received the lens yesterday. It has internal dust under the front element and was smudged all over the rear element.

If this is the same transaction I am looking at here, we issued a 150.00 refund. We regret your dissatisfaction and apologize.

BTW I do prefer email. I generally block private messages whenever possible.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Nov 02, 2016 at 08:15 PM
mjbetch
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · BH Holiday - Am I out of luck?

henryp wrote:
If this is the same transaction I am looking at here, we issued a 150.00 refund. We regret your dissatisfaction and apologize.

BTW I do prefer email. I generally block private messages whenever possible.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

It is. Was just about to post an update to this thread. I appreciate you guys working with me to get this issue resolved. Thanks again.

Nov 02, 2016 at 10:37 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password