Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · Fujifilm XF 35mm f/2 R - The best lens?

taemo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Fujifilm XF 35mm f/2 R - The best lens?

11266350 wrote:
Thanks guys for all the replies!

I order the ugly stepchild and the metal hood! I think I will return it and get the Fujifilm 35mm f/1.4 XF R!

The last questions is bout ND filters! I use the Formatt-Hitech Firecrest IRND Filters 4X5.6 on my RED camera.

Now, these fuji lenses are so small and I was about to get the
Formatt Hitech 77mm Multistop Neutral Density Filter and use step down rings on the other lenses.

Any advice? I need filters with IRND...I own 2 Tiffen variable and I don't like the color cast.

Thanks!

Grab a Cokin P series holder and 52mm adapter ring from Amazon.I use P holders for my 4x5 filters.

Oct 19, 2016 at 08:58 AM
Pavel
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Fujifilm XF 35mm f/2 R - The best lens?

I'm one who sees something extra, something subtle but an attractive "fingerprint" to the 35 F 1.4, but when it comes down to buying one I'm completely undecided. The 1 stop light gathering and dof advantage is a major draw and the new focus advantage of teh 1.4 is a small detail that I value a bit as well. On the other hand, the focus speed is a major draw of the F2.0 as is the price advantage and the strange duck look of the 35 F2.0 is something I actually like. So I guess I'll test them out and decide on flare performance or how the f-stop ring feels.

It's tough to have such riches of choice. If only fuji would make some rotten lenses to help me make up my mind.

Oct 19, 2016 at 06:17 PM
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.