New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Introductions!

txsizzler
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Introductions!

Hi, my name is Ian. I normally just post on DPReview, but thought I would see what FM is all about. 44 yr old male, lives in South Texas, married with 2 great kids. Been a photographer enthusiast for the past 11 years, when I had bought my first enthusiast camera, the Canon Powershot S50.
I currently shoot with a A57, and A6000 (love the legacy support!) Sony cameras. I will definitely be posting often on here, seems like a great forum!

Oct 16, 2016 at 07:38 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Introductions!

Thank you for the introduction and welcome to FM, Ian!

Joshua

Oct 16, 2016 at 07:42 PM
txsizzler
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Introductions!

Thank you, Joshua! I appreciate the welcome!

Oct 16, 2016 at 07:43 PM
matthewm
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Introductions!

Welcome to the Dark Side! MUAHAHAHAHA! No, I kid (mostly). Glad to have you here! Be sure and post some images when you have a chance. Lots of threads already posted with running image pools that you can add to! We'd love to see your work.

Best,
Matthew

Oct 16, 2016 at 09:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

txsizzler
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Introductions!

Thanks for the welcome, Matthew! I will be sure to do just that!

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:04 PM
seanj
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Introductions!

I have nearly 7000 posts at dpreview having joined there in 2004. Then again, I joined here at FM in 2005 and this is my 49 post. I've picked up posting here more as I rediscovered this site. I tend to find more information I am seeking here (e.g., the very lengthy discussion of the Voigtlander 15 in Emount and the TechArt adapter and FAQ and the various lens threads full of images are great). I suppose I feel a certain loyalty to dpreview and to the people who regularly post there, but I probably would have thrived here had I found this site back when I really started trying to learn photography in 2011 (everything before was wasted time buying better equipment than I could learn) and stayed here. That's when my posting really picked up at dpreview, which is much more about technical stuff . . . or, that's historically how it's been presented.

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:40 PM
txsizzler
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Introductions!

I understand what you are saying, Sean! I have about 500 posts on DPR, and still use them regularly. I have been an occasional lurker here on FM, but decided to take the plunge recently, largely based on what folks on DPR have been saying in positive terms about FM!

Thus far, I am impressed with this forum. I also plan on upgrading to the Upload and Sell feature (really like the seller/buyer feedback system here that DPR sorely lacks).

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:51 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password