Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Any experience selling to KEH online?

Psychprof711

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Any experience selling to KEH online?

Anyone have experience selling to KEH Used Camera? I understand that they are in Ga. They quote you a price, you ship, they confirm and issue a check if you accept, they say

Oct 16, 2016 at 07:23 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Any experience selling to KEH online?

And indeed they do exactly that. I've dealt with them on many occasions and they are in my experience at least utterly trustworthy. The $ you get, however, will be far less than what you can expect in a private sale. When I've sold to them and looked at the prices they've offered to me, I have always factored in to my decision to sell to them what my time is worth and what the hassles are that I've avoided by not selling to an anal retentive type who, after the sale and shipping, gets his or her rocks off by noting a miniscule mark on the bottom plate and then demanding a $200 price reduction over against threatening a PP dispute, negative feedback, etc. So, you won't get the $ you'll get here or Craigslist, etc., but you sure as hell wont have the friggin' hassle. I quit selling on here when PP announced a 6 month charge back window for Buyer's. As the saying goes with respect to PP: "Ef-m" YMMV

HTH anthony

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:10 AM
ggreene
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Any experience selling to KEH online?

I will second anthonysemone. I don't bother selling to individuals anymore as I don't want to deal with any hassles. Too many scam artists out there and the Paypal policies certainly don't help in giving the seller any confidence that the buyer won't use and break the gear within 6 months and then claim it was faulty.

I buy refurb to mitigate the hit you take on their offers.

Oct 22, 2016 at 01:18 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Any experience selling to KEH online?

I've sold almost $10K of equipment to KEH. They don't offer the best price. You could get a better price here or on Ebay. The advantage, however, is that the sale is flawless. There's not going to be any hassle like a disgruntled buyer or problems with Ebay or PayPal.

Oct 22, 2016 at 03:46 AM
Psychprof711

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Any experience selling to KEH online?

many thanks!

Oct 24, 2016 at 11:21 AM
AvianScott
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Any experience selling to KEH online?

I know this thread is a couple weeks old, but I wanted to add my recent experience with KEH. I was having a hard time selling my Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 OS (non-sport) on here or elsewhere for $1450, it's just not a highly in-demand lens. I went on the KEH site to get a general idea of what they'd offer, and their online quote system offered me $1375. I sent it in and it was inspected, and their final offer was $1352. Boom!

YMMV, obviously, but I was quite pleased to receive that offer from KEH for a lens I had a heckuva time trying to sell on here for less than 10% more.

Nov 03, 2016 at 03:17 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password