New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · WEBMASTER ! - Missing Gear in Reviews

grueber34

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · WEBMASTER ! - Missing Gear in Reviews

Anyone minding the store? Just a cursory review finds the following gear missing in the reviews sections: Sigma 150-600 "C", Sigma 200-500/2.8, Tokina 11-20/2.8 DX, Tamron 45/1.8 VC. I am sure there are many more. (Not to be snarky, but the website needs to stay current if FM expects to have max hits. Just good business.)

Oct 15, 2016 at 05:26 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · WEBMASTER ! - Missing Gear in Reviews

go away, grueber

Oct 15, 2016 at 07:47 PM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · WEBMASTER ! - Missing Gear in Reviews

grueber34 wrote:
Anyone minding the store? Just a cursory review finds the following gear missing in the reviews sections: Sigma 150-600 "C", Sigma 200-500/2.8, Tokina 11-20/2.8 DX, Tamron 45/1.8 VC. I am sure there are many more. (Not to be snarky, but the website needs to stay current if FM expects to have max hits. Just good business.)

Anthony's being kind. Why, I don't know. He's just like that.

A few of us might, on the other hand, invite you to eat s***, die, then spend eternity thinking on your outrageously impolite behavior.

Regards,

Chuck

Salt and pepper's over there, btw.

Oct 15, 2016 at 08:22 PM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · WEBMASTER ! - Missing Gear in Reviews

^^ What Chuck and Anthony said.

Oct 15, 2016 at 10:27 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · WEBMASTER ! - Missing Gear in Reviews

Fred gave members the ability to add new items to the review section sometime in 2013. So, if there are items missing, it isn't Fred's fault. He's not a full time gear reviewer, and has never held this site out to be that.

That said, your post would have been better received if you had just left out the last two lines. With almost 300,000 registered members and pretty high search rankings, it would seem that the site is doing well enough to stay relevant.

Oct 16, 2016 at 05:56 PM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · WEBMASTER ! - Missing Gear in Reviews

mitesh wrote:
Fred gave members the ability to add new items to the review section sometime in 2013. So, if there are items missing, it isn't Fred's fault. He's not a full time gear reviewer, and has never held this site out to be that.

That said, your post would have been better received if you had just left out the last two lines. With almost 300,000 registered members and pretty high search rankings, it would seem that the site is doing well enough to stay relevant.

Excellent post, Mitesh. Far more useful and effective than mine. And after I'd replied I did chastise myself a tiny bit (like really tiny) for not taking a higher road and more productive approach. Glad you did.

Buuuut, in the spirit of brotherly love I'd also add his first line didn't win hearts and minds either.

I'll shut up now.

Oct 16, 2016 at 07:10 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.