New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · husband in the morning

brick33308
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · husband in the morning

he hates getting in front of my camera, but I dragged him out because I'm trying to learn how to use fill flash outdoors - practicing for a family portrait I'm doing later today for friends.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Other/Picture-hosting/n-7pK8V/i-VX36gLC/0/X3/i-VX36gLC-X2.jpg

Oct 15, 2016 at 02:38 PM
rdphotos

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · husband in the morning

Good morning Brick,
I think you did a great job of balancing the ambient and strobe. My only issue is there seems to be two light sources. When I use ocf (off camera flash), I like to use it in the same way the natural light is coming. That way it appears to be wrapping around my subject and is not as noticeable. In this image you have a light source from camera right (the sun) and another from the left. Others may not mind, it just doesn't make sense to my eyes...YMMV.
Keep up the great work and practice practice practice! I love using ocf to create moods and lighting that I want instead of just dealing with what is there!

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:29 PM
brick33308
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · husband in the morning

that's a great observation and one I wasn't aware of. I'll have to give that a try, having flash coming from same direction. Thanks!

I've got much to learn about flash!

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:35 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password