New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Really Right Stuff

Monika C
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Really Right Stuff

I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this, but it seemed like it may be.

I wanted to share my latest experience with Really Right Stuff. I had bought a tripod/ball head package back in 2010 & been very happy. Over the years, I've lost a few little things like screws (umm hum, yes, I know) and when I've asked them what size I needed to replace them, they just sent replacements. For free. This time, I couldn't get the rubber feet off to put rock claws on. I Googled it & found that it was a problem with the older feet. I contacted them asking about how to get them off & they offered to either give me instructions on cutting them off & they would send replacement feet, or, their preference was to have me send it in (on their dime) & they would do it on a 1 day service. I had enough time that I could do the latter (and have a backpacking tripod I could use in the meantime), so sent it in. All I had to pay for was a box as we didn't have any of the right size. I got it back, and not only had they replaced the feet, but, even though it was a year out of warranty, they did a full service on it, replacing many parts..... at no charge!

People often talk about how expensive their stuff is, but I had found that it was actually a little less getting their package than equivalent sticks & heads. And this kind of customer service, above & beyond what I would hope for, is absolutely unparalleled!

Oct 15, 2016 at 02:19 PM
Fred Amico
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Really Right Stuff

Great story! This is why I also believe that folks like RRS and Think Tank are not that much more expensive, given their excellent customer service. I'm willing to pay a little more to know I'm dealing with a company that backs up its products with great CS.

Oct 15, 2016 at 09:16 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Really Right Stuff

I don't mind paying more for products like RRS sells. Even if I don't need it! Someone else like Monika C might.
Dan

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:45 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password