Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Reverse Macro question

Seabassius
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Reverse Macro question

Long time lurker on this forum.

I want to play around a little with reverse macro. I already have an adapter Tamron 90mm 2.8 (nikon Mount) for my Sony A7Rii, but I was thinking of reversing my 28mm 1.8 g. Is there somewhere I can estimate what the magnification would be (I've read 3:1 and other guesses). Also, I've heard where the focal point my not be usable (inside the lens?). How do I figure out what that would be?

Thanks in advance

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:41 PM
e6filmuser
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Reverse Macro question

Seabassius wrote:
Long time lurker on this forum.

I want to play around a little with reverse macro. I already have an adapter Tamron 90mm 2.8 (nikon Mount) for my Sony A7Rii, but I was thinking of reversing my 28mm 1.8 g. Is there somewhere I can estimate what the magnification would be (I've read 3:1 and other guesses). Also, I've heard where the focal point my not be usable (inside the lens?). How do I figure out what that would be?

Thanks in advance

I use all sort of lenses reversed or on extensions. There is nothing to beat looking at a mm rule through whatever setup you want. You can just turn the lens around and hold it against the camera flange. Make sure that the lens detection button on the flange is depressed. Certainly, if you place wideangle lenses on extensions, even not if reversed, you may run out of working distance pretty quickly.

Harold

Oct 15, 2016 at 05:17 AM
Seabassius
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Reverse Macro question

That worked. Thanks!

Oct 15, 2016 at 03:14 PM

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password