Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Lens Adapter for Leica-R to Canon EOS???

billsamuels
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lens Adapter for Leica-R to Canon EOS???

I'm getting my second Leica R lens for my Canon 6D and I'm wondering what would be a good solid lens adapter? I got a Fotodiox X Pro for the first Leica lens, and for a couple of older Zeiss lenses and they seem fine, but I'm reading more and more about the lens popping out of the lens adapter and since this is the most I've ever spent on a lens, I really don't want to risk anything like that!!!

I looked at Leitax and they don't sell one for Leica-R to Canon, only Sony. I also looked at the Novoflex, and it gets a much better review, but $59 vs. $225 at B&H, that's quite an increase in price for a lens adapter that isn't getting a terrific rating; actually, the user reviews aren't really any better than the Fotodiox, just nobody reporting that the lens is popping out.

I'm willing to spend $200 for a really good lens adapter, but not one that's questionable. Any suggestions?

Oct 14, 2016 at 09:19 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lens Adapter for Leica-R to Canon EOS???

Leitax does have a Leica-R to Canon EOS mount kit. I've owned at least a couple of them.

http://www.leitax.com/Leica-lens-for-Canon-cameras.html

They're the best. The Fotodiox Pro R to EF adapter is also quite good. I have two of them at the moment.

Oct 14, 2016 at 09:26 PM
Lee Saxon
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lens Adapter for Leica-R to Canon EOS???

They feel a little more robust, but I don't particularly believe a good copy of the Novoflex is much better than a good copy of the Fotodiox. I've had Novoflex where the lens wouldn't "lock" and I've had Fotodiox that fit perfectly. And vice versa. Supposedly Novoflex manufacturing standards are higher and you've got a better chance of getting a good copy with them, but I have no evidence either way on that.

Because it's one piece and because its design means it doesn't have to have a locking mechanism, the Leitax is much more likely to be right than any normal adapter, at the expense of needing a separate adapter for each lens.

Oct 20, 2016 at 08:51 PM
billsamuels
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lens Adapter for Leica-R to Canon EOS???

I got a Fotodiox pro on both of my Leica-R lenses (elmarit and summicron) and they're both really snug on both lenses and fit easily on the two cameras I use (6D & 5DSR). And the best part is that they were really inexpensive, about $40 each.

Given the good performance I'm getting, I guess I'll leave well enough alone.

Thanks for your comments.
Bill

Nov 10, 2016 at 06:35 AM
LightShow
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lens Adapter for Leica-R to Canon EOS???

but I'm reading more and more about the lens popping out of the lens adapter
What? Where? Link?
I have 20 or so adapters of various brands and mounts, I've yet to have a lens pop off, or detach without my intention, I've had one or two cheap adapters not lock onto the lens because a part was bent or worn down from repeated lens changes, but they never fell off.

Nov 10, 2016 at 03:07 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gunzorro
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lens Adapter for Leica-R to Canon EOS???

I agree to "no fall-off" of R lenses and any adapters. Stay with your Fotodiox as a reliable and inexpensive solution. I've used the inexpensive HK/China adapters from eBay with no problems. I eventually attached a Leitax-type adapter to my R 60/2.8 Macro for a Nikon mount, Chinese made, bought on eBay -- works great. No other way to mount R lenses to Nikon. But Canon is easy and cheap!

Enjoy!

Nov 10, 2016 at 04:27 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lens Adapter for Leica-R to Canon EOS???

Multiple FD Pro for me ... never a problem here.

I did have an issue with Arax adapter dropping M645 lenses, years back. Same lenses on FD Pro ... issue gone.

No worries for me using my Elmarit R 90/2.8 with FD Pro here.

Nov 10, 2016 at 07:26 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Lens Adapter for Leica-R to Canon EOS???

I've had two fairly big lenses come off their cameras, but no adapters were involved.

Nov 10, 2016 at 08:47 PM
dbehrens
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Lens Adapter for Leica-R to Canon EOS???

jcolwell wrote:
Leitax does have a Leica-R to Canon EOS mount kit. I've owned at least a couple of them.

http://www.leitax.com/Leica-lens-for-Canon-cameras.html

They're the best. The Fotodiox Pro R to EF adapter is also quite good. I have two of them at the moment.

+1 When I was shooting with Canon bodies I used the Leitax mount conversion as well. Great solution!

Nov 11, 2016 at 02:16 AM
teiki arii
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Lens Adapter for Leica-R to Canon EOS???

dbehrens wrote:
+1 When I was shooting with Canon bodies I used the Leitax mount conversion as well. Great solution!

Last week, I saw David Lladó for changing Leica-R mount to Leitax/Pentax for my new K-1 and it is great!!! I used for many years adapter for my Eos 5D/5DMkII/6D but I prefer that solution. Besides, I have focus tracking with the Pentax Camera and tilt screen is comfortable..

First example with the Leica-R 50/2 for which I changed the mount myself:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/895186/368#13798133

Nov 11, 2016 at 06:28 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password