Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Help w/ selling prints and memorabilia at events...

morby
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help w/ selling prints and memorabilia at events...

Hello everyone! I spend most of my time in the wedding forum, but I have something coming up that I need some help with. I own a photo booth company, and we are running 8 photo booths for the Philadelphia Flyer's at an event they have coming up in November. Fans can get their photo taken with their favorite players, and we will print out a 5x7 on the spot.

Beyond that I'd also like to sell memorabilia, to capitalize on the excitement of the moment. Last year we offered memorabilia online, but only a few people logged in and bought stuff. I'm thinking that we could sell much more if we had a station at the event. Does anyone know of companies that would set up a station where the fans could buy memorabilia with the photo that was just taken? Maybe apps that we could have on an iPad? Any ideas on how to do something like this on the day of the event?

Edited on Oct 14, 2016 at 10:56 PM · View previous versions

Oct 13, 2016 at 03:20 PM
Camperjim
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help w/ selling prints and memorabilia at events...

This forum is for the critique of photos. You might want to post this in the Pro Digital forum.

Oct 13, 2016 at 03:30 PM
morby
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Help w/ selling prints and memorabilia at events...

Sorry. I thought since you were sports people you'd have advice.

Oct 13, 2016 at 03:56 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Help w/ selling prints and memorabilia at events...

Hmmm ... sounds like somehow you got Photo Critique instead of Sports Corner.

Gremlins ...

Oct 13, 2016 at 06:22 PM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Help w/ selling prints and memorabilia at events...

I just clicked on PC forum 3 times and it took me I to the sports forum each time.

Yep, we got some Gremlins running around in here.

Oct 13, 2016 at 09:51 PM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Help w/ selling prints and memorabilia at events...

Well it's in the sports forum now and I do have some suggestions.

First thing that took some drumming into my thick head by those much wiser and experienced was that you need to SELL on the spot to take advantage of the mood and excitement but you DO NOT need to DELIVER on site.

Yeah, I thought it wouldn't work as well till I was actually forced into it with technical troubles and then discovered as I had been told for some time, DELIVERY later didn't matter.

As such, I'd be offering products by way of samples and SELLING them on-site and then having them made and sent out later. No way I'd be bringing anyone else in to take your cream, no reason you can't do it yourself. All you need to do is SELL it at the time, delivery can wait.

I know Americans seem to go for an endless amount of crap from Calendars to buttons and butt wipers and whatever else but when I was doing these sort of events, We did really well with just bordered and titled pictures.
We sold only 8x12 and they could have a plain print, one with a border with teh Event and date or a fully customised layout like a mag cover or bordered print with their name and placing in the event or whatever they wanted.

Most of it was pre templeted except the custom script of course and we used to do very well with these despite offering them at $15 more than the plain 8x12.
These are dead easy and quick to do onsite up to 8x12 or A3 depending on your printer and you can also offer customised posters as well as coffee cups and all the other endless Myriad of stuff.

Personalty I'd be limiting the offerings to about 5 things max so people didn't stand there all day procrastinating whether they wanted the custom tea pot cosy or the personalised cats litter tray liner. If people want something else, they will ask.
I'd do a poster that showed the offerings you had and the one that you build the most profit into, add a highlight on the poster that says something like " Best Value" or "Best seller. " Also bear in mind and have something highlighted that says " Ideal Gift" This could be a Coffee cup or commemorative teaspoon or..... Whatever.

I would have it both ways, the simple prints that you could produce there and then for the instant gratification factor and the wider range where you could take advantage of the excitement of the moment for the sale and deliver later.

You must have been doing well to be running 8 booths. Just trying to kick that off myself as a business mainly for my daughter to get into and learn some business skills from.

Oct 14, 2016 at 01:34 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Help w/ selling prints and memorabilia at events...

glort wrote:
Well it's in the sports forum now and I do have some suggestions.

First thing that took some drumming into my thick head by those much wiser and experienced was that you need to SELL on the spot to take advantage of the mood and excitement but you DO NOT need to DELIVER on site.

Yeah, I thought it wouldn't work as well till I was actually forced into it with technical troubles and then discovered as I had been told for some time, DELIVERY later didn't matter.

As such, I'd be offering products by way of samples and SELLING
...Show more

Two saliient points from ^ resonate for me:

1) The business acumen to distinguish between SELL / SALE vs. DELIVER
2) Having a process that streamlines vs. facilitates procrastination of getting the customer / prospect to the point of sale.

Good input, as usual.

Oct 14, 2016 at 04:20 AM
morby
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Help w/ selling prints and memorabilia at events...

Good stuff Glort! Thanks!

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:54 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.