New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Daughter's Homecoming

eSchwab
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Daughter's Homecoming

My daughter had her homecoming last weekend. I had plans to take her to a nice spot near our house to take some pictures. That all changed when the hairdresser called us and said she was too sick to keep her appointments. I guess this threw off the whole day and my daughter ended up running late. By the time she was ready to go she was already out of time, it was harsh mid day sun and any picturesque spots in our yard were near impossible to shoot this time of day. Given the constraints and lack of time I am very happy with the photo. My only nit is the tenseness of her hands.

Edited on Oct 13, 2016 at 12:55 PM · View previous versions

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:24 PM
CosmicCruiser
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Daughter's Homecoming

you did good! beautiful daughter as well

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:29 PM
Steve Wylie
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Daughter's Homecoming

I agree. She is very beautiful and her dress compliments her very nicely. If I were you, I'd try to get her to do a shoot with this look under more favorable conditions, even though the event has passed. Well done under less than ideal conditions.

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:59 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Daughter's Homecoming

She is gorgeous!! Love her dress!

Oct 13, 2016 at 01:32 PM
01Ryan10
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Daughter's Homecoming

She's a beautiful young woman, and the shot of her is great. That house window though...it keeps begging for me to stare at it.

Oct 13, 2016 at 01:33 PM
eSchwab
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Daughter's Homecoming

Yeah I had to chose between pretty background and terrible lighting, or good lighting and questionable background.

Oct 13, 2016 at 03:26 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Daughter's Homecoming

she is indeed gorgeous. Nice shot under the conditions. Agree with Steve that you should do a shoot in more idyllic conditions (setting and lighting) in this dress.

Oct 13, 2016 at 10:03 PM
Vcook
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Daughter's Homecoming

these open midriff dresses are all the rage, rarely have I seen it done so well as here. Great dress, pretty girl, great results given the conditions.

Could it be better with a different background? Of course. That being said I'm sure you are seeing all the facebook posts of her friends and your friends for this same dance where the pictures are just an iphone with the garage door as the backdrop. This blows those away, not even in the same league. Great job Dad!

Oct 14, 2016 at 08:59 AM
Brev00
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Daughter's Homecoming

I like the way you introduce the pic with all your qualms. I think that is often a defensive strategy to sort of preempt criticism. No need here. Beautiful photo. I have been in your shoes with my daughters and you did very well. She is isolated nicely in the shallow depth of field and stands out in the pic. Great dress, pretty smile, nice skin tones. Folks who are not trained to see issues will see nothing but your daughter. Good job.

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:51 AM
eSchwab
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Daughter's Homecoming

Brev00 wrote:
I like the way you introduce the pic with all your qualms. I think that is often a defensive strategy to sort of preempt criticism. No need here. Beautiful photo. I have been in your shoes with my daughters and you did very well. She is isolated nicely in the shallow depth of field and stands out in the pic. Great dress, pretty smile, nice skin tones. Folks who are not trained to see issues will see nothing but your daughter. Good job.

Haha it's true. I expected the comments about the background being not ideal so I thought I would just get it out of the way.

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:58 AM
Gary Schmeidle
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Daughter's Homecoming

Well done especially under the conditions! I agree a follow up shoot would be in order, she is beautiful.

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:28 AM
4meNex7
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Daughter's Homecoming

Your daughter is beautiful. A lovely dress, and your work is great. You must be very proud of her.
Ed

Oct 14, 2016 at 06:24 PM
eSchwab
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Daughter's Homecoming

Thank you for the kind responses.

Oct 16, 2016 at 09:50 AM
jake14mw
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Daughter's Homecoming

I love the pic. Background is blurred enough so that it doesn't bother me. The only thing I was going to mention as a critique was her hands, but then I read your post and you mentioned it already!

Too bad about the hairdresser, we can't really see her hair very much in the pic, but she looks beautiful, no need for anything fancy with the hair!

Oct 21, 2016 at 10:11 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.