Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List
  

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2016 · Wondering what to write on your "About" page?
  
 
Chris Fawkes
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wondering what to write on your "About" page?


Thank me later

http://artybollocks.com



Oct 13, 2016 at 12:49 PM
jmraso
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wondering what to write on your "About" page?


Oh my God, and I paid a writter to do it, what a waste of money !

Seriously, what is next, "set up your own successful photography studio, we rent shooters"



Oct 13, 2016 at 12:55 PM
dmacmillan
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wondering what to write on your "About" page?


"My work explores the relationship between the universality of myth and emotional memories."

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I enjoy reading the "about me" sections of photographer's websites. They fall into roughly two categories: the self absorbed "artiste" who thinks he/she is the first person to ever photograph a wedding dress hanging in a doorway or the gear-head who lists every camera and lens he's ever owned, thinking a bride will be blown away because he owns a 70-200 f2.8 L IS.

I have a B.F.A. from an art school. There I heard enough pretentious artist BS to last a lifetime.



Oct 13, 2016 at 01:05 PM
Jason Ferber
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wondering what to write on your "About" page?


This will just suck those brides right in!

"Ever since I was a child I have been fascinated by the endless oscillation of relationships. What starts out as triumph soon becomes corroded into a hegemony of lust, leaving only a sense of dread and the prospect of a new order."



Oct 13, 2016 at 01:15 PM
jmraso
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Wondering what to write on your "About" page?


You fotgot the standardized self portrait holding a camera or pretending they are shooting (no offense to the ones who have it).

dmacmillan wrote:
"My work explores the relationship between the universality of myth and emotional memories."

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I enjoy reading the "about me" sections of photographer's websites. They fall into roughly two categories: the self absorbed "artiste" who thinks he/she is the first person to ever photograph a wedding dress hanging in a doorway or the gear-head who lists every camera and lens he's ever owned, thinking a bride will be blown away because he owns a 70-200 f2.8 L IS.

I have a B.F.A. from an art school. There I heard enough pretentious artist BS to last a lifetime.





Oct 13, 2016 at 01:19 PM
jmraso
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Wondering what to write on your "About" page?


You think all brides will understand such poetry !

Jason Ferber wrote:
This will just suck those brides right in!

"Ever since I was a child I have been fascinated by the endless oscillation of relationships. What starts out as triumph soon becomes corroded into a hegemony of lust, leaving only a sense of dread and the prospect of a new order."





Oct 13, 2016 at 01:21 PM
dmacmillan
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Wondering what to write on your "About" page?


jmraso wrote:
You fotgot the standardized self portrait holding a camera or pretending they are shooting (no offense to the ones who have it).


Sort of like the one in your signature?



Oct 13, 2016 at 02:03 PM
jmraso
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Wondering what to write on your "About" page?


I hope not that bad !😄

dmacmillan wrote:
Sort of like the one in your signature?





Oct 13, 2016 at 02:16 PM
glort
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Wondering what to write on your "About" page?



I never really understood why shooters put pics of themselves on anything in the first place but maybe I'm just really ugly and I know it!

Have to agree with the about me definitions.
They are either nauseating or make you laugh.

I mean really, who cares if you love mountain bike riding or snorkelling or have some creative bent or..... Whom else does a person hire and want to know that stuff? I can't think of anyone and all I want to know when I hire someone is if they can do what I want and what I am going to have to compensate them for doing WHAT -I- WANT.

Same goes for gear. I guarantee you could say you just bought the sensational new top of the line Girdle Spring trammy valve phase inductor in your gear list and NO bride would ever question it.

They don't know about gear nor do they care.
They just want you to make them look beautiful in their wedding day pictures.



Oct 13, 2016 at 05:13 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 

        


zalmyb
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Wondering what to write on your "About" page?


current:

That's me. On the right. With my oldest out of five (so far).

My website hosting expired so I belched out this site and still have to write something deep and meaningful here. Until then, just have a beer and imagine I am interesting and awesome.

510.309.7701 / Facebook / [email protected]

Berkeley, California

What I want to change it to:

Zalmy is a hairy hermit, sharing his cave with his wife and five cave-babies. In the moments between grunting, saber-tooth attacks, fire making, and mammoth hunts, he records his family life on silver coated celluloid strips. In exchange for blankets, wheels, and fermented fish, he does the same for others.



Oct 13, 2016 at 07:39 PM
rw11
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Wondering what to write on your "About" page?


hegemony of lust is good - lead with that




Oct 13, 2016 at 08:03 PM
Chris Fawkes
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Wondering what to write on your "About" page?


The three power words for any bio are Passion, Coffee and Jesus, we all know that.


Oct 14, 2016 at 02:27 AM
Jay_Be
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Wondering what to write on your "About" page?


Chris Fawkes wrote:
The three power words for any bio are Passion, Coffee and Jesus, we all know that.


You forgot 'AWESOME' Upper case, of course.




Oct 14, 2016 at 05:57 AM
Jason Ferber
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Wondering what to write on your "About" page?


rw11 wrote:
hegemony of lust is good - lead with that



Right!? What bride DOESN'T want her wedding day remembered as that!



Oct 14, 2016 at 01:10 PM
ahaug
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Wondering what to write on your "About" page?


great post!



Oct 15, 2016 at 01:33 PM
mikethevilla
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Wondering what to write on your "About" page?


Chris Fawkes wrote:
The three power words for any bio are Passion, Coffee and Jesus, we all know that.


Mine are doughnuts, whisky, and Holy Spirit. So... Close enough I suppose!



Oct 17, 2016 at 12:13 AM
Medialinx
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Wondering what to write on your "About" page?


www.grahamcrichton.com/about


Nov 01, 2016 at 08:31 PM







FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password