Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1DXII shooting video with the screen off...

krautland

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1DXII shooting video with the screen off...

...anyone found that in the manual? I've been searching for a while now and can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks, guys.

Oct 13, 2016 at 06:36 AM
gt3rs
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1DXII shooting video with the screen off...

I'm not sure is possible.... there is an option in the HDMI output that let you choose either external, external + info and internal LCD + clean external.
So I believe only with an external monitor you can have the LCD off.
I just tried and even when controlling the camera over wife the LCD turns on as soon as you go in the movie mode.

Do you want to have it off for saving battery or because it is in a remote location and you don't want to illuminate the area?

Oct 13, 2016 at 08:19 AM
krautland

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1DXII shooting video with the screen off...

gt3rs wrote:
Do you want to have it off for saving battery or because it is in a remote location and you don't want to illuminate the area?

I sometimes shoot in tricky places where people, when in doubt, are quick to shut you down even though you are doing nothing bad in particular. in this case that was North Korea, where I wasn't allowed to film the interior of a train.

I have no issues with the battery, which is quite good, and illumination, but currently my only option for shooting stealthily is to press the back against my chest but that's not a good shooting position. I would similarly like to disable the GPS indication on the small lower back display but also have not been able to find out how without actually disabling the GPS receiver.

Oct 13, 2016 at 08:39 AM
qc_mountain
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 1DXII shooting video with the screen off...

krautland wrote:
...anyone found that in the manual? I've been searching for a while now and can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks, guys.

It is not the best answer but you could use a piece of black paper cut exactly the size of the LCD and put some electrical tape over it it will remain lit but blackened with the paper and tape also don't forget blacken the red light in the back of the camera that remain lit when video taping and or other light source on the back of the camera.

Francois

Oct 13, 2016 at 06:47 PM
krautland

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 1DXII shooting video with the screen off...

a piece of black paper cut exactly the size of the LCD and put some electrical tape over it

Francois

yeah, perhaps. still hope to have it fully off.

Oct 14, 2016 at 03:43 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password