Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · A few from the Tetons....

cohenfive
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A few from the Tetons....

We recently spent several days exploring Yellowstone and then the Tetons/Jackson area. Here are a few of the landscapes I thought weren't too bad, we also spent quite a bit of time looking for critters...

On the drive down from Bozeman at sunset....

Schwabacher's Landing...

Afternoon autumn light on the Tetons

Inside, looking out

Not the famous Moulton Barn....

Oct 12, 2016 at 05:02 PM
fplstudio
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A few from the Tetons....

Beautiful set Richard

1# - Breathtaking landscape! the road leading to the background is stunning and very well complemented with the contrast of the field. Would try to adjust the WB slightly toning down the bluish temp and light up the bottom part of the frame. My favorite of the set.

2# - Lovely clouds topping the mountains at the back. The rest seems to me uncertain on which way you wanted to go...you have the reflection, the left border with an hesitant diagonal and the bottom right not clearly in or out the frame.

3# - there is nice compression in this but the two layers do not match quite well. More neutral background would have helped strengthening the beautiful tree. Its position is a bit static too.

4# - Good control of the shadows and good depth with the use of the framing tool. The horizon seems uneven but could be just a false feeling

5# - Interesting content. The soft light did help the details to really shine with very pleasant transitions in the highlights and shadows. A digital gnd and darker clouds would probably help to improve the tension and its drama.

Great work overall.

Cheers
Francesco

Oct 13, 2016 at 06:02 AM
cohenfive
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A few from the Tetons....

Thanks, I really appreciate the constructive comments. I mostly shoot critters, so these were a bit different for me. I'm going to see what tweaks can be done to improve these along the lines you mentioned.

Oct 13, 2016 at 09:04 AM
Steve Perry
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A few from the Tetons....

Nice set! #2 &3 are my favs, but I'm a sucker for mountains

Oct 13, 2016 at 09:46 AM
junglialoh
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A few from the Tetons....

wonderful set of great photography and each image has own very unique aesthetic trait

Oct 13, 2016 at 10:12 AM
cohenfive
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A few from the Tetons....

Here are a few from the famous DA Moulton barn...different light conditions, first one cloudy/showery skies, one afternoon light with a nice sky, the other the 'classic' early morning light just hitting the barn...C&C again appreciated.

Oct 13, 2016 at 10:37 AM
pbraymond
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A few from the Tetons....

Nice. Love the mountain shots as well, though I'm surprised at the lack of snow on the peaks in October.

Oct 13, 2016 at 11:35 AM
cohenfive
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A few from the Tetons....

There was basically no snow, these were taken right around the end of Sept...first day of Oct. After we left they got snow, so I imagine things look quite different now. Thanks.

Oct 13, 2016 at 07:13 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.