Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Proper behavior for Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 chipped (red ring version)

drtaylor23
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Proper behavior for Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 chipped (red ring version)

Just got this lens new and haven't handled one before. Unfortunately there's an imperfection in the front element so I think it's an exchange just because it's new, but the images seem to be OK and not de-centered or anything. The shipping and product box took a hammering it looks like.

Just wondering if anybody can report proper AE chip behavior.

This is on a D610.

- I can get green dot focus and it more or less seems to move to indicate front/back as I turn
- Sometimes I get a red flash indicator in the viewfinder, but if it happens, it happens all the time and it doesn't seem to correspond to green dot focus. I can have an arrow and get red flashes all day. I've connected this in my mind, but maybe they aren't necessarily correlated
- Sometimes I get no red flash green dot or otherwise
- Red flash comes back turning on / off or switching aperture (with the body)
- It never beeps (beep is turned on). The internet seems to conflict about if this should happen or not

Granted this is a pretty short observation period of about 70 photos. Does anybody have one to report what "normal" is? Help is appreciated.

Oct 12, 2016 at 01:59 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.