New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · First time engagement session

apete2

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · First time engagement session

Good afternoon,

My name is Alex. I have been shooting casually for a few years and am trying to get more serious now. In the past, I have mostly done nature or cityscape, but have been transitioning into people photography. I have just started building my website. I have done a few family and senior shoots but this is my first time doing an engagement session.

I used my 60D, mostly with Tamron 70-200 2.8 macro and some shots with the 17-40L. The ring shots and some of the portrait shots used a 430EXII with a rouge flash bender.

Please take a look and let me know what you think I did well and what could be better. I really enjoyed the scenery, but would like to get better at using off camera flash.

http://www.aipphotography.com/Portfolio/Engagement/

Thank you!

Oct 12, 2016 at 04:24 PM
z33k3r

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · First time engagement session

I think you have some good concepts down and a great first set.

I'd say that all but the last shots were a bit cold. Also the back lighting is over powering the fill (or lack of). Maybe also work on some shadow detail, it feels under exposed.

Oct 12, 2016 at 10:24 PM
Brev00
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · First time engagement session

I agree that the images seem somewhat cold. I think warming them up somewhat will help particularly with the young woman's skin tones. I am not sure if the images are underexposed in general but her skin tones seem a bit bright as well as cool. So, I would focus on her and let the other elements be secondary.

Oct 12, 2016 at 10:35 PM
apete2

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · First time engagement session

Thank you. I think my monitor may be a little off, the prints I made were slightly cool also. I will re-profile with the color munki and do a little re processing.

Edit: After re-calibrating, the monitor was definately too warm and too bright. Warming up the skintones really seems to help.

I toned down the background, lifted shadows on the face, and increased the color temperature on this image.

http://www.aipphotography.com/Images/TM-Editing/

Oct 12, 2016 at 10:54 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password