Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · Help, need bag for extended travel, all-day comfort, easy...

Trek_of_Joy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Help, need bag for extended travel, all-day comfort, easy access

ariot wrote:
Two bodies, three lenses and a crap load of batteries fit in a good shoulder bag, and they look classy and innocous. Buy the Domke "postal" pad that walking letter carriers use and you can hang mirrorless on your shoulder all day. I used a F803 with two OMD EM1s, the 12-40 pro and 40-150 pro plus batteries and 1.4x all in an F803 for about a year -- wearing it pretty much everywhere. It was easy on busses, trains, airplanes, cars, whatever. If you need more room, a Hadley large can hold gear plus a stuffable gortex rain jacket.

The
...Show more

For city walking a shoulder bag is fine, but we're going to be doing a lot of exploring off the beaten trails, there are times I just can't have a bag flopping around. I have a messenger bag right now that I almost never use because it moves around too much. Thanks for the suggestion.

Nov 05, 2016 at 10:18 PM
Trek_of_Joy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Help, need bag for extended travel, all-day comfort, easy access

Paul Mo wrote:
You could feasibly just take:

a6500 w/ 24 1.8

a6500 w/ 55 1.8

And a 12mm Samyang.

Often travel is made better with less gear.

True, but I'm doing double duty with stills and video, zooms are more convenient for me. I've actually decided to revamp my plans a bit and either go Fuji with the XT2 or Olympus with the EM1mkII - mostly because in many situations the SOOC jpegs are fantastic, meaning less time editing. Plus after just a few minutes handling the XT2, I no longer want to use the a6300 I currently own.

The Samyang was a part of my kit for awhile. It has the 6-point sun stars, its an awesome lens, but I really don't like that look. Wish they went with a 7-blade iris.

Thanks!

Nov 05, 2016 at 10:27 PM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password