Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · 1st HSF & D5

la puffin
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1st HSF & D5

I've never shot HSF and had received my D5 the day before. I kept positioning myself for long passes to the receivers, but HS isn't quite like that. Now I know. I was really surprised by how uneven the lighting was - between 4000 and 12800 (except for the one I shot at 1/2500... oops). The D5 seems more responsive than the D500, so I need to tweak the AF parameters for it instead of copy over from the D500.

I'm also trying to find my recipe for processing D5 RAWs. I was using D9 and think that would've been perfect for the shots I was trying to get, but since I was a little far ahead of the plays, single point would've been more accurate.

Edit: I've been a PhotoShop user since version 2.0 (layers!) and have always snubbed my nose at Canon's, and now Nikon's photo software. After posting those images, I wasn't happy so I went to Capture NX-D to check my focus points. Nikon is holding something up their sleeve. Perhaps exporting a .tif out of it and tweaking in PS is the recipe. If anyone wants to share any input or tips, I'm very appreciative.

NIKON D5    400mm    f/2.8    1/1000s    4000 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON D5    400mm    f/2.8    1/1000s    12800 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON D5    400mm    f/2.8    1/2500s    12800 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON D5    400mm    f/2.8    1/1000s    12800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Oct 12, 2016 at 04:59 AM
Game Changer
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1st HSF & D5

RE: "Nikon is holding something up their sleeve. Perhaps exporting a .tif out of it and tweaking in PS is the recipe. If anyone wants to share any input or tips, I'm very appreciative."

I'm not sure I understand what this means?

Oct 12, 2016 at 12:52 PM
la puffin
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1st HSF & D5

Game Changer wrote:
RE: "Nikon is holding something up their sleeve. Perhaps exporting a .tif out of it and tweaking in PS is the recipe. If anyone wants to share any input or tips, I'm very appreciative."

I'm not sure I understand what this means?

I meant that in regard to their raw converter. I think their high ISO NR is pretty good "out of the box".

Oct 12, 2016 at 08:54 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password