New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · quickie question 1dx ii

therealthings
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · quickie question 1dx ii

Can i charge the battery in camera through usb?
I had to send my camera with all accessoires to Canon but i don't have a charger now for my loaner. And the spare battery is close to empty at the moment. Wondering if i could charge the battery in camera.

Edited on Oct 15, 2016 at 05:36 AM · View previous versions

Oct 11, 2016 at 08:52 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · quickie question 1dx ii

No, not possible. There are some 3rd party chargers.

EBH

Oct 11, 2016 at 09:17 PM
schlotz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · quickie question 1dx ii

A quick check of the pdf manual does not show that it can.

Oct 11, 2016 at 09:18 PM
rabbitmountain
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · quickie question 1dx ii

Ask CPS to send you the charger. My CPS 1Dx loaner also did not come with a charger. Did you pick up the loaner at CPS HQ in Amstelveen or did they send it to you by parcel service?

Oct 11, 2016 at 09:31 PM
therealthings
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · quickie question 1dx ii

Bummer
Getting a replacement, thats why.

Oct 12, 2016 at 04:55 AM
rabbitmountain
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · quickie question 1dx ii

Your sensor cleaning / battery won't fit after return topic I found halfway page #2. No updates there as to whether your camera will be repaired or replaced. Any news?

Oct 12, 2016 at 05:26 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

therealthings
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · quickie question 1dx ii

And another question;
Can you assign a different drive mode to a button with custom controls? I have the af-on and asterisk button assigned for different AF settings like i always do, but i wonder why i cannot set a continuous hi speed mode for one button and single shot for the other. Is there a way aside from changing the C1/C2 etc? (which is cumbersome in fast changing situations).

Oct 15, 2016 at 05:43 AM
fish_shooter
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · quickie question 1dx ii

EB-1 wrote:
No, not possible. There are some 3rd party chargers.

EBH

The model 19 batteries will not fit earlier Canon chargers nor the single-battery chargers available on ebay (I have tried). The old 4 and 4N batteries, however, will work in the 1Dx2.

Oct 15, 2016 at 07:13 AM
schlotz
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · quickie question 1dx ii

There is a very easy and fast way to utilize C1/C2/C3. Program the M-Fn button (right next to the shutter) to cycle through each one.
Go to C.Fn5: Operation, click on Custom controls and change the M-Fn button to C.

Works great for me

Matt

Oct 15, 2016 at 12:43 PM
therealthings
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · quickie question 1dx ii

schlotz wrote:
There is a very easy and fast way to utilize C1/C2/C3. Program the M-Fn button (right next to the shutter) to cycle through each one.
Go to C.Fn5: Operation, click on Custom controls and change the M-Fn button to C.

Works great for me

Matt

Thanks Matt, yet i still don't understand why it's not possible to assign a drive mode to a button. That would be the quickest way.

Oct 15, 2016 at 01:28 PM
schlotz
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · quickie question 1dx ii

You can select the drive mode you want and save it in one of the custom settings C1-C3.
I just verified that.

Matt

Oct 15, 2016 at 01:40 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · quickie question 1dx ii

schlotz wrote:

Works great for me

Matt

This is the best feature of the 1 series because they don't use a physical wheel to change modes like all the other bodies it allows you to use the M-Fn button as a C mode toggle. Personally I toggle between M and C1(which is also in M) to have two different shooting parameters for perched and flight or for sun and shade. This can include the drive mode. It is very quick to change especially if you just have two to toggle between. You have to disable C2 and C3 so it doesn't toggle to them. The M-Fn button is right next to the shutter so becomes second nature after using it for a short while.

Oct 15, 2016 at 04:59 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password