New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · 10 Bit/Adobe RGB LCD Laptops

srikum
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 10 Bit/Adobe RGB LCD Laptops

I am using NEC PA272 at present to process my photos.

I am looking for similar kind of performance in laptop display. Apart from IPS/IGZO panels, it should also support adobe RGB (10 bit color).

As I use windows, based on my research, so far I found 2 laptops, XPS 15 and Precision M5510 from Dell(both has adobe RGB coverage on their 4k panels).

As 5510 is the only one that come with nVidia Quadro card, which has official support for 10 bit color and stable drivers, I am leaning towards that.

I need some advice from you and your experience on 5510 and on any other laptops you recommend based on my needs.

Edited on Oct 11, 2016 at 04:58 PM · View previous versions

Oct 11, 2016 at 04:36 PM
Todd Warnke
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 10 Bit/Adobe RGB LCD Laptops

I'm using an XPS15, and after calibration (using the SpyderElite) I have 99% aRGB. It is a beautiful display that compares nicely to my NEC PA272W that I use when docked. The Dell display has a slightly larger gamut (99% v 97%), but the matte surface on the NEC makes it a bit truer overall. Still, I am 100% confident using the Dell to PP. I just picked up a 36x24 print that I processed using the Dell laptop display only, and it is as good a match as I get when using the NEC display.

Peace,

Todd

Oct 11, 2016 at 04:36 PM
playerofwar
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 10 Bit/Adobe RGB LCD Laptops

I also own the XPS 15, but if you want 10-bit then you should go for the Precision.
Still, the XPS15 is very good without 10-bit.

Oct 12, 2016 at 11:11 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password