Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · Canon glass on Sony sensors?

shutterbug guy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon glass on Sony sensors?

I'd forego the bad color cast the Sony sensor produces with shadow lifting and just properly expose with a Canon sensor for best results, yes DPP rocks....

Just my 2 cents.

Oct 13, 2016 at 08:36 AM
yelloguy2
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon glass on Sony sensors?

KKFung wrote:
I like the middle one as it looks natural to me

I am not saying which is which for now. :-) Maybe in a few days...

Oct 13, 2016 at 09:03 AM
yelloguy2
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Canon glass on Sony sensors?

shutterbug guy wrote:
I'd forego the bad color cast the Sony sensor produces with shadow lifting and just properly expose with a Canon sensor for best results, yes DPP rocks....

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for reminding me, maybe I will do a version with DPP later tonight.

Oct 13, 2016 at 09:05 AM
Robin Smith
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Canon glass on Sony sensors?

What's wrong with the single image shot? I reckon you went to a lot of trouble to get the same result you got with a single exposure. Which is kind of what i was suggesting. Actually, I would have increased the contrast or darkened the shadows just a tad in your single image shot to make it more similar to the 2nd one. Like I suggested, just because there are shadows doesn't mean we need to see detail in them.

Oct 13, 2016 at 09:43 AM
yelloguy2
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Canon glass on Sony sensors?

Robin, there is nothing wrong with the single image - I admitted to user error. On taking the image, I see blown skies and dark shadows on the camera review screen. So I routinely bracket. I saw much better shots on the Nikon D750 review screen this weekend. So I started looking at other options and started this thread.
Now that I tried tweaking the original single capture shot, I realized that it is possible to recover shadows and highlights in the original single image shot in post processing. So if I nail the exposure in camera I can post process to my liking.
That, and the consensus on this thread is to stick with the Canon 6D (or any modern camera) and learn the ins-and-outs of composition and post processing because, well, other cameras have other problems.

Oct 13, 2016 at 10:29 AM
KKFung
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Canon glass on Sony sensors?

yelloguy2 wrote:
I am not saying which is which for now. :-) Maybe in a few days...

No problem anyway, I like the middle one, and I guess it is the one using blending

Oct 13, 2016 at 10:47 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Canon glass on Sony sensors?

I like the middle one, too. Its contrast and saturation seem in between the top and bottom images. At least some parts of the middle seem to have better detail, but it's hard to tell because they're probably downsized, anyway.

Oct 13, 2016 at 10:54 AM
yelloguy2
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Canon glass on Sony sensors?

Yes the images are downsized a quarter resolution on export. Here is another version done in DPP.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8856395/temp/20161009-IMG_0375-4.JPG

I opened the shadows all the way +5 and pulled the highlights -5. I upped the sharpness to +8 (it is still less sharp than I would like) and applied the lens corrections.

I know people like dark where it should be dark but I want more details in the foliage.

TBH, I don't know what this version proves or why I did it. Or what my original point was anymore... :-)

Oct 13, 2016 at 09:15 PM
yelloguy2
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Canon glass on Sony sensors?

Oh and the first three are shown in the order I mentioned.
1. LR HDR
2. PS Luminosity blend
3. Single image post processed in LR

Oct 13, 2016 at 09:18 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.