Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Nelson Bay, NSW Australia

fplstudio
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nelson Bay, NSW Australia

Hi folks,

few shots from the last weekend in the area. C&C welcome.

Cheers
Francesco

1#

Canon 6D | 16-35 4L IS | 9 frames stitched together 35mm | f/11 | 4s | ISO100

2# - (Edited as per Jim advise)

Canon 6D | 16-35 4L IS | 28mm | f/13 | 0.5s | ISO100

3# - (Edited as per Jim advise)

Canon 6D | 16-35 4L IS | 18mm | f/11 | 6s | ISO100

Edited on Oct 12, 2016 at 09:52 AM · View previous versions

Oct 11, 2016 at 11:48 AM
ITR010342
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nelson Bay, NSW Australia

#1 is beautiful! Makes me wish to go back to Australia... very nice!

Oct 11, 2016 at 02:06 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nelson Bay, NSW Australia

#1 is pretty nice and would be my favorite if it wasn't for all those footsteps in the sand on the right side. #2 has some nice sand, but the lower part is brighter then then the top as if you had used an ND grad and it was too strong. #3 again looks too dark on top compared to the bottom, and the upper left looks even darker then the rest of the top. The lighting in #2 and 3 is so uneven it becomes a distraction.

Jim

Oct 12, 2016 at 12:27 AM
fplstudio
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nelson Bay, NSW Australia

JimFox wrote:
#1 is pretty nice and would be my favorite if it wasn't for all those footsteps in the sand on the right side. #2 has some nice sand, but the lower part is brighter then then the top as if you had used an ND grad and it was too strong. #3 again looks too dark on top compared to the bottom, and the upper left looks even darker then the rest of the top. The lighting in #2 and 3 is so uneven it becomes a distraction.

Jim

Hi Jim, thank you for the comment.
2# and #3 are bracketed shots (with an hard GND 0.9 on) and exposure blended.There are about 3 (gnd) + 2 (bracketing) = 5 stops differnece between foreground and background which maybe too much. 3# has also some vignetting particularly evident on top left.
Should be pretty traight forward to correct them by lightening up the background.

Oct 12, 2016 at 02:47 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

dswiger
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nelson Bay, NSW Australia

A nice set. I like the 1st & 2nd the most. Agree w/Jim's comments on the lighting in the 3rd. I'm OK with the footsteps in the 1st at the scene has a lot to offer. It would be better without, but what are ya going to do at a public beach?. Maybe go there after the next storm

Thanks for posting

Dan

Oct 12, 2016 at 04:56 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nelson Bay, NSW Australia

Beautiful work.

I agree with Jim on the footprints. The first thing that jumped out at me. Seems a shame in a way to do a 9 frame pano but miss the obvious framing issue. Well, stuff happens in the heat of the moment. Just one of those things people often miss, like sticks, twigs, oversized logos...

Oct 13, 2016 at 01:38 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Nelson Bay, NSW Australia

I really like the edits. Everything blends perfectly now in terms of the light. Good job on the edits.

Jim

Oct 13, 2016 at 03:31 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password