New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Moving an Epson P8000

aFeinberg
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Moving an Epson P8000

Hey all!

Looking at relocating the 44" beast. We got it up stairs originally with some vertical tilting originally. No inks in obv. Now we would need to do the same after using it for 4 months. I've read a couple of people saying there was no problem but understand they are not supposed to be tilted once loaded. Trying to avoid unique moving techniques :P

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
Aaron

Oct 11, 2016 at 12:04 AM
kdphotography
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Moving an Epson P8000

I think you just need to "do it."

Lock the head in place. Remove the maintenance tanks and ink carts. You might want to inspect the capping station for excess ink on the pad (doubtful) and dab away if needed. Probably the most difficult part is putting the printer stand back on. Who in the hell designed that anyway--it's like a single 1/2" screw on both sides that must be perfectly aligned while lifting a couple hundred pound printer...

Ken

Oct 11, 2016 at 09:08 AM
aFeinberg
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Moving an Epson P8000

Thanks Ken...appreciate the time and advice. Took us 4 guys to get it upstairs the first time...imagine more of the same the second.

Oct 13, 2016 at 05:47 PM
playerofwar
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Moving an Epson P8000

I moved my 9800 for 1000 miles with everything in it. It doesn't have any added problems . It's not that heavy... I moved it up 1 floor with 2 strong people. Didn't even take off the printer stand.

Oct 14, 2016 at 06:48 AM
mcbroomf
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Moving an Epson P8000

I replaced a Canon 8300 with an Epson P8000 and got ink all over the place when the movers tilted the Canon to get it round the corner then down the stairs. I didn't realize that the Canon has a function to purge the inks for moving. Not sure if the Epson does but I'd check the manual and call them before the move. I'd venture to say that if the Canon had just been moved (rather than trashed) it would have been unusable afterwards ... the ink POURED out of it...

Mike

Oct 14, 2016 at 04:25 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.