FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Fall in the Adirondacks (NY) II

Bart Carrig
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fall in the Adirondacks (NY) II

Another quick romp into the Adirondacks at Bog River Falls (near Tupper Lake)

It's been a dry year so the falls were a little low. The colors were smart, and it rained a bit overnight. The morning was cloudy, but there was sweet, soft light that made for some nice exposures.

© Bart Carrig 2016

Bog River Falls

Oct 10, 2016 at 08:36 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fall in the Adirondacks (NY) II

Hey Bart,

What a cool looking place there. I think you did well with the sky. Cropping it out wouldn't work because there just wouldn't be enough of the trees left to frame it right.

Jim

Oct 11, 2016 at 03:26 AM
psharvic
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fall in the Adirondacks (NY) II

A fine shot, Bart.

Oct 11, 2016 at 06:23 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fall in the Adirondacks (NY) II

Very nice Bart!
One shot, great composition.

Oct 11, 2016 at 07:31 AM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fall in the Adirondacks (NY) II

Wonderful image.
Cool and crispy feeling of Adirondacks' fall!!

Oct 11, 2016 at 07:36 AM
Don George
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fall in the Adirondacks (NY) II

Nice image you captured the water movement just right. Makes me homesick first time in many years I was not able to return to upstate NY in the Fall.

Oct 11, 2016 at 03:26 PM
Bart Carrig
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fall in the Adirondacks (NY) II

Thank you all for the kind comments. Jim, Craig, Don: You can walk pretty much all along the foreground to pick a comp, and this one allowed me to display almost the entire scene. There is a cove to the far left that had some nice color, but there was no way to get it all. But the lighting was just right for the water and the colors, especially with the three bursts of rain overnight. I just picked a comp that showed the full scene. Those falls are bigger than they look in the scene. In the summer both falls are great for about a 30 -45' slide into what is usually a deep pool at the base.

Kee: thanks for your note. You've really been hitting the globe for some great photos. Fine work indeed.

Don: Where were you in NY, let me know when you do return; we'll make a run for some photos if you're upstate. I don't feel too badly for you though, as you are in Colorado. I haven't been out there to shoot in five years. Maybe next year.

Bart

Oct 11, 2016 at 09:17 PM
DSC01
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fall in the Adirondacks (NY) II

Bart,
Great Capture, you found a comp that really works here . This looks great with overcast sky, the wet saturated color just jumps out. Excellent job!
Looks like you had some pretty nice color this year. I missed not being up there.
Harriman is still about 2 weeks away from real peak, I'll be in touch there should be stuff to shoot well into November.
Regards,
Dean

Oct 13, 2016 at 06:00 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.