New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Dah moment

Michael White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dah moment

I've been in Albuquerque for the 2016 Abq international ballon fiesta this past week I brought my 7d2 & 7d with me plus my lens kit. I got here and didn't bring the batteries I thought went in the 7d I thought I used the 511/512 that my 40d uses it's been some time since I used it. Well the event is over and I'm looking a comparison of the eos bodies and notice it uses the same as the 7d even though the battery grip is totally different. I drop two in the grip last night and sure enough it works. I wish I would have realized this a week earlier I feel stupid for not checking earlier it would have been nice to use two bodies one with the 70-200 and the other with the 24-70 or 24-105 and the fisheye at times.

I was about to but a battery earlier in the week but I didn't want anymore 511s. I had extra lp-n6 iirc the number. Check you inventory before you leave and know what batteries go in what device. I tried the aa magazine but it didn't fit the opening both must be fore the 40 d grip. I was going to get one for it but could find one locallyfor the zeos grip.

Oct 11, 2016 at 12:07 AM
rabbitmountain
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dah moment

Didnt know that. I don't own 7Ds but I always appreciate members sharing good stuff

Oct 11, 2016 at 04:29 PM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dah moment

When I first read this thread I thought the OP meant he had used a 40D battery in a 7D or 7DII, which I found a bit bonkers, so out of interest I tried. Of course it neither fits nor works.

But then I realised all he actually meant was that the original LP-E6 works in a 7D2, which isn't really surprising as it also works in the 5D3, 6D, 5D4, 7D, 60D, 70D and 80D (at least)

Oct 11, 2016 at 05:05 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Dah moment

Oh. Somehow I thought the OP meant that a BP-511 fit in the 7D or 7D2 grip It's not very clear.

EBH

Oct 12, 2016 at 12:18 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Michael White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Dah moment

Sorry guys I ment to say at first I though the 7D used 511 batteries it doesn't it uses the lp-e6 batteries. Sorry for the confusion. I was really confused.

Oct 12, 2016 at 01:40 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Dah moment

I see. IIRC the LP-E6 started in the 5D II about a year before the 7D.

EBH

Oct 12, 2016 at 02:27 AM
rabbitmountain
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Dah moment

Aha! Didn't know that either. My BP-511 days are almost a year behind me when I sold my 5D after ten years of usage. Reading this I realise the LP-E6 battery is quite a multi camera type one, three 5D incarnations and two 7D ones.
Thanks for clarifying that.

Oct 12, 2016 at 05:37 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Dah moment

Also 60D, 70D, 6D, 80D.

EBH

Oct 12, 2016 at 05:40 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password