p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Slowly Falling

Falling

Oct 10, 2016 at 03:40 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Slowly Falling

Good subject.
Feels a bit tight, especially on the left where I want to see the edge of the building.
Interesting that the colors on the roof so closely match the grasses.

Scott

Oct 10, 2016 at 03:44 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Slowly Falling

Thats a great barn. I love the lichen or moss on the roof. I agree a bit more of the left would help.

Oct 10, 2016 at 04:25 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Slowly Falling

Nice decay images Rick. The arbitrary corps of the structures is not helping. Get close or crop to one or back up and include both

Morris

Oct 11, 2016 at 01:00 AM
Rick Joyce
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Slowly Falling

Thanks for your comments and critiques all of which mention the tight cropping of the buildings.

Would a more open or wider crop accentuate the decay, disrepair or degeneration of the buildings?

Colours, lighting, shadows and textures would remain the same in somewhat the same way a macro capture identifies one flower and not the entire garden.

Oct 11, 2016 at 01:22 AM
Shotokan

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Slowly Falling

Rick Joyce wrote:
Thanks for your comments and critiques all of which mention the tight cropping of the buildings.

Would a more open or wider crop accentuate the decay, disrepair or degeneration of the buildings?

Colours, lighting, shadows and textures would remain the same in somewhat the same way a macro capture identifies one flower and not the entire garden.

I think this is one of those scenes that we just have to work a lot to find the best composition. For example, if decay is our subject, we might move to face the most damaged part of the leftmost barn and point our camera directly into the fallen roof, again using the dry grass as our foreground. That might not be the best shot, but it looks like we could come away with a lot of interesting images using different focal lengths, camera angles, and perspectives.
-Bob

Oct 21, 2016 at 08:00 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password