New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Lightroom Library versus Develop - image exposure

robsonj
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom Library versus Develop - image exposure

Has anyone ever experienced issues with the Lightroom Library. I process an image in the Develop module, everything looks good. Then I switch back to the Library module only to see the shadow detail about 1/3 - 2/3 ev darker than they are in the develop module. If I try to share/export the image, its the same deal, about 1/3 - 2/3 ev darker shadows than they appear in the develop module. If I switch back again to the develop module, the shadows are again correct, but not when I switch to the library module.

Any help or advice appreciated.

Cheers
Jonathan

Oct 10, 2016 at 01:07 PM
robsonj
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom Library versus Develop - image exposure

I figured this out. It was an issue with my monitor calibration. Maybe related to upgrading to OSC Sierra. I recalibrate and it seems to be fine now. Prior to recalibrating, turning off 'Use graphics Processor' in LR prefs also worked. Incase thats of use to anyone else. After calibration I have turned that setting back on, and all seems to be fine.

Cheers
Jonathan

Oct 10, 2016 at 02:35 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lightroom Library versus Develop - image exposure

I think this effect has been reported for years. Solutions have involved mainly two: (1) recalibrate the monitor, and (2) make sure your are viewing 1:1 images, not "fit" or "full."

Oct 10, 2016 at 04:45 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password