Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Glow- Amazing foliage this year in New Hampshire

JSecord
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Glow- Amazing foliage this year in New Hampshire

Glow by Jon Secord, on Flickr

With the drought we've had in New England this year, everyone was unsure of how the fall color would be. It's been a crazy few days, but it has been just incredible in the White Mountains. Peak color came on fast, and is already fading, but I did manage to hit a few locations I've had in mind. This was from a trip that had some great mountain views, but I was more intrigued by the longer lens shot as sunlight just started hitting the canopy of trees.

I haven't posted this shot to my website for sale yet, so any critiques that could help improve the image would be much appreciated!

Oct 10, 2016 at 12:41 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Glow- Amazing foliage this year in New Hampshire

Hey Jon,

That's a cool view of fall color. My only suggestion is the upper right corner, you have 2 trees just barely poking into the scene, that caught my eye as a distraction. Crop just a bit off the right.

Jim

Oct 10, 2016 at 04:23 AM
JSecord
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Glow- Amazing foliage this year in New Hampshire

Thanks Jim!

Glad somebody else caught that- I noticed those trees a little while after I posted. I'll crop or clone those out before posting on my site. Appreciate the critique!

JimFox wrote:
Hey Jon,

That's a cool view of fall color. My only suggestion is the upper right corner, you have 2 trees just barely poking into the scene, that caught my eye as a distraction. Crop just a bit off the right.

Jim

Oct 10, 2016 at 04:45 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password