Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · Best place to buy Nikon 105 1.4E?

glowhunter
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Best place to buy Nikon 105 1.4E?

Lee Saxon wrote:
I've never understood why people develop loyalty to retail resellers. They're just middlemen profit skimmers. I buy direct from the people who actually make things when that's an option and the rest of the time I buy from whoever offers the lowest price and least customer friction (which is Amazon 99.99999% of the time).

You don't understand that some people are loyal to certain businesses because they've received great service from them before?

When you factor in the 2-4% rewards, free item bundles and no tax (at least in my state), free expedite shipping, easy returns, real customer service, BH and Adorama wins hands down. I'm not particular loyal to any establishment but it's hard to beat what B&H and Adorama can provide. If prices are the same everywhere (most of the time they are due to MSRP, I'll stick with a known establishment,

Oct 12, 2016 at 07:42 PM
Lee Saxon
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Best place to buy Nikon 105 1.4E?

glowhunter wrote:
When you factor in the 2-4% rewards, free item bundles and no tax (at least in my state), free expedite shipping, easy returns, real customer service, BH and Adorama wins hands down. I'm not particular loyal to any establishment but it's hard to beat what B&H and Adorama can provide.

I've definitely had a different experience. I've found them to be closed nearly every time I try to buy from them, the 2-4% rewards usually a little less than I can get with my Amazon-affiliated cards (plus Amazon *also* sometimes offers the actual 2-4% store credit rewards, which are more useful at a store that sells everything), charge *way* more than Amazon for somewhat slower shipping, have no easier returns than Amazon (perhaps slightly harder since Amazon returns can almost always be completed by automated system without any phone or email interaction), be more likely than Amazon to charge for shipping on returns, and rip me off like *crazy* when I try to sell them used gear.

I don't use customer service for anything except returns so I can't speak to "real customer service." I will say from my experience that B&H is super nice on the phone, Adorama is quite rude, and Amazon only offers email. \_(ツ_/

Oct 13, 2016 at 03:10 AM
ariel777
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Best place to buy Nikon 105 1.4E?

If you deal directly with Brad Berger @ Berger Bros in NY (on the Island) the service is quite good. He has a strong relationship with Nikonians so he generally has a good supply of Nikon products in-house.

Oct 13, 2016 at 03:48 AM
elkhornsun
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Best place to buy Nikon 105 1.4E?

agelessphotog wrote:
Seen this and thought the 105 1.4E destroyed the 105 dc. Sharper, better bokeh, less CA.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4061101

Do you have pictures taken of the same subject with the same camera and using both lenses and that show this difference in bokeh?

With two 105mm focal length lenses that both have 9 leaf rounded iris elements the difference in bokeh is only going to be apparent with the DC effect that is possible with the 105mm DC lens. Anything else is in the user's head..

Oct 17, 2016 at 09:52 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password