New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · New to Fuji Forum

Lakemcd

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New to Fuji Forum

Hello Everyone,

First of all I just wanted to give a thumbs up for the great images and discourse on this forum. I shoot mainly landscapes, intimates, environmental portraits and travel. Regarding travel; I've caught the Camino bug and have walked the last 2 summers with a 30 liter pack across the Iberian peninsula, as such, size and weight matter. More walks to come.

I just picked up an X-E2 with a 35/1.4, delivered soon. Testing the water here and coming from m43, also shoot a Ricoh GR, and the RX1 as my main travel camera. Thought if this panned out, perhaps an X-E3 is in the future and I'll unload the GR and m43 gear. The RX1 will be hard to beat, but I'm an eternal optimist Nice thing about FF is that it does allow elbow room for cropping so I essentially have the 32-50mm (fov of RX1 is more like a 32 than 35) covered.

Looking forward to the Fuji experience.

Gary

Oct 09, 2016 at 03:43 PM
rbf_
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New to Fuji Forum

Welcome and enjoy!

Oct 09, 2016 at 03:59 PM
alba63
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New to Fuji Forum

Uups, Fuji user since 2003, I only discovered this new forum today. Happy to see it!

Oct 09, 2016 at 05:26 PM
Fred Amico
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New to Fuji Forum

Welcome you two. Lots of good information and great pictures here. Enjoy!

Oct 09, 2016 at 07:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

cputeq
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New to Fuji Forum

Welcome Gary and Bernie!

Gary I'll be interested in your thoughts on the XE2 vs that RX1 - the RX1 is a very nice camera indeed -- I really wish it I had the scratch to buy the RX1 II

Oct 10, 2016 at 03:23 AM
alba63
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New to Fuji Forum

Hmm, this feels famliar to me (fuji forums). I have been shooting with X-E1 and X-T1 since late 2012 - S2pro - S5pro sinice 2003 - as my main cameras first, since last december also an A7rII.

After 1 year with the "uber- camera" from Sony, I have to say that I find myself reaching for the Fuji more and more again. The a7rII is a technical wonder, but shooting the Fujis is a more pleasing experience, and looking at the files almost never fails to give me that "inner ahhh" - something in the color palette, the fine compositon of hues just clicks with me, whereas with the Sony - difficult. The old cliche is true here: I respect the Sony, but I love the Fujis.
So my head says: Hey, you can use the Sony for many years to come, it is just so good, whereas the belly say: You don't love shooting with it, sell it, get the X-T2 instead and go on with just one system!
1st world problems :-)

Cheers
Bernie

Oct 10, 2016 at 05:31 PM
Lakemcd

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New to Fuji Forum

Thanks everyone, looks like it'll be here Thursday. I looked at the A7II as an option to replace my m43 setup, but the cost and size penalty to replace my 9-18, 20, 25, 45, 75 and 40-150 was more than I could handle. Loved the cinematic quality and sharpness of the 75/1.8 and am hoping that the 90/2 will be a worthy replacement.

Oct 11, 2016 at 01:02 PM
Lakemcd

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New to Fuji Forum

Test drive with the X-E2 & 35/1.4

_DSF0316 by Gary Yee, on Flickr

_DSF0292 by Gary Yee, on Flickr

Oct 16, 2016 at 07:22 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password