Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · New to Fuji and then the horror story starts!

Mark Rigsby
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New to Fuji and then the horror story starts!

I'm new to fuji, the X-T2 is new to my stable as a nice compliment to my sony's. I'm seriously enjoying this camera so i take it on a walk up to pick my son up from school. I have it hanging off my Black Widow holster. taking it out, shooting things, putting it back. Then I realize realize the little black thing bouncing past you on the sidewalk is your brand new x-t

Screen is cracked, but everything still works. I borrowed the 90mm from a friend (which I had on the camera at the time) had to make sure everything works .

First picture is the crack, second picture is the image taken about 20 minutes after the drop.

Basically the ball hook from the black widow doesn't sit tight on the X-T2...Never had this problem on my sonys so I don't know but I'm a little worried about adding straps or anything that screws in at this point

Oct 09, 2016 at 05:14 AM
dalto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New to Fuji and then the horror story starts!

What happened? Did it come unscrewed?

Oct 09, 2016 at 05:27 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New to Fuji and then the horror story starts!

Mark, I feel for you Sorry about the accident. Are you covered by any insurance?

The screen is generally one of least costly items to replace. I have replaced my LCD's on both the A7rII and A7s as there was an issue with coating on the LCD's in bright sun light.

Fuji service in Australia is very responsive, and will work quickly to resolve any issues.

Oct 09, 2016 at 06:09 AM
Mark Rigsby
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New to Fuji and then the horror story starts!

Dalto, Yup, it came unscrewed. I can't get the black widow ball mount to screw in tight on the X-T2 hence the fact it came unscrewed after taking it out of the holster a few times.

I do have insurance which isn't a problem, but the screen works fine, no worries just a crack in the corner. I'm surprised more wasn't wrong with it or my friend's 90mm. It easily bounced 4 times before I even understood what was happening.

Oct 09, 2016 at 06:22 AM
photoelectric
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New to Fuji and then the horror story starts!

I'm paranoid about those screw-on type holders for straps. Seems like a good chance of something loosening or breaking. The older Fuji cameras were even known to have the tripod mount plate screws loosen and come out / a case of broken tripod mount that led to further camera damage (search for posts on FujiX forums) with screw-on BlackRapid type straps. I wouldn't presume that the tripod mount is strong enough to hold the weight of the camera + lens and would at least use a high quality bracket first.

Oct 09, 2016 at 07:33 AM
joshinthecity

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New to Fuji and then the horror story starts!

That, right there is exactly the reason I use a simple Gourdy's leather wrist or neck strap, attached with simple robust key rings on the lugs.
No potential failure points.

That's a horrible story Mark. Made even worse by the lens not being yours !
I can't even imagine the horror..

j.

Oct 09, 2016 at 08:06 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New to Fuji and then the horror story starts!

Mark Rigsby wrote:
Dalto, Yup, it came unscrewed. I can't get the black widow ball mount to screw in tight on the X-T2 hence the fact it came unscrewed after taking it out of the holster a few times.

I do have insurance which isn't a problem, but the screen works fine, no worries just a crack in the corner. I'm surprised more wasn't wrong with it or my friend's 90mm. It easily bounced 4 times before I even understood what was happening.

Really sorry to hear this. From the pic of the ball mount, it doesn't look like there's a rubber compression washer like the BlackRabid, am I wrong?

Oct 09, 2016 at 09:58 AM
Cheryle Sytsma
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New to Fuji and then the horror story starts!

Oooo, Mark... do have your camera checked out, and your friends lens as well.
Sorry to hear of this...

Oct 09, 2016 at 11:29 AM
tntcorp
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New to Fuji and then the horror story starts!

mark - a dab of non-permanent thread adhesive will prevent the screw from coming undone.

loctite brand makes blue adhesive for removeable connection. red is for permanent connection.

Oct 09, 2016 at 03:01 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rbf_
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · New to Fuji and then the horror story starts!

Wow, what a nightmare! Hope they get that fixed for you. For a detachable strap solution you might want to check out the Peak Design Leash and Cuff. I've had no problems with their attachments and it is compatible with a whole system of straps and holders. Good luck.

Oct 09, 2016 at 03:26 PM
traveler
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · New to Fuji and then the horror story starts!

One reason I've NEVER been a strap guy. I ONLY use toploader bags. I take a camera out, shoot, the place it BACK in the secure bag. I have NO problem hanging on to a camera as long as I'm shooting. Otherwise it's in it's bag ready to go but safe. Oh well......

Oct 09, 2016 at 07:25 PM
Mark Rigsby
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · New to Fuji and then the horror story starts!

Camera is great, little crack on the screen..
used it in a studio shoot this morning along with my new 90mm (i bought my friend a new one)

Oct 10, 2016 at 01:05 AM
rbf_
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · New to Fuji and then the horror story starts!

Mark Rigsby wrote:
Camera is great, little crack on the screen..
used it in a studio shoot this morning along with my new 90mm (i bought my friend a new one)

Nice portrait! Looks pretty damn good for taking a nice little tumble down the sidewalk I dropped my 55-200 out of a backpack onto a stone floor and no damage at all, hit sideways and not a mark. So I know what you mean by the surprise of it all and man was it loud in a bad way...

Oct 10, 2016 at 01:23 AM
cputeq
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · New to Fuji and then the horror story starts!

Ouch! Glad to hear it's working, but I'd look into getting it repaired if possible, to maintain weather sealing benefits at least and prevent further degradation.

Oct 10, 2016 at 02:08 AM
CMcG01
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · New to Fuji and then the horror story starts!

My XT1 and new 90 fell to the concrete yesterday as I took my bag from my car..... A dent on the filter (that's what filters are for, after all) and tiniest scratch on the 90 filter ring and all is good! Its nice to know the fujis are build pretty well!

Oct 10, 2016 at 12:18 PM
mjbetch
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · New to Fuji and then the horror story starts!

Mark Rigsby wrote:

Please tell me you didn't just hand tighten the screw

I use a wrench to tighten the screw into my X-T1. That way, it doesn't move at all unless I use the wrench to loosen it. I can't imagine that the X-T2 and X-T1 tripod mounts are different at all.

Oct 11, 2016 at 03:50 PM
Pavel
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · New to Fuji and then the horror story starts!

before you file insurance and pay the deductible, check out Fuji and get an estimate. I had a Olympus Em-5 have the shutter malfunction and the rear wheel malfunction at 13 months of age. I sent it in for repair and was surprised at a 219 dollar bill for a new shutter and the button repaired.

Oct 20, 2016 at 04:21 PM
Powidi

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · New to Fuji and then the horror story starts!

It seems to be in good shape.
I cant remember how many drops I have had with no big issues but a little cracking here and there !

Oct 24, 2016 at 10:02 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password