Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · 80D, do the images actually measure up?

RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 80D, do the images actually measure up?

Tom_W wrote:
I have to agree here. I am of the belief that the 7D2 as well as the 80D is very good up to 1600, but beyond that, it's less than excellent. But still very usable often. I'd rather use a full framer, but in the contest between focal length and ISO, sometimes, focal length is the limiting factor in which case the 7D2 or 80D is the tool of choice. Big lenses cost big bucks.

As for my experience, the 7D2 and 80D, to me, have a very similar noise level at high ISO. Given the very modest pixel density increase
...Show more

Yup ... ^ that's about the size of it.

I haven't done any head to head @ 70D vs. 80D (about two years apart @ ownership), but the 80D also seems to tolerate longer exposures (not the same as underexposing / pushing) in the noise department better than I remember of the 70D (another reason I didn't keep it) ... even if a person isn't into the "shadow lift" thing, instead striving to feed sufficient light (time based) to it. This was one of the litmus test(s) that made the case for the improvements in the 80D.

Granted, not everyone will find those improvements useful to their style of shooting, but the improvements are there, imo. Sure, I'd prefer a FF with low ISO and articulating screen ... but Canon hasn't made that puppy yet.

Oct 10, 2016 at 01:26 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 80D, do the images actually measure up?

RustyBug wrote:
Imo, if you're gonna expect excellence @ 1600+ ... that (ideally) should be "big pixel" territory on FF.

Hence why i use 1DX mostly, but even 5DsR is better than 7DII at high ISO if I don't have to crop hard.

Oct 10, 2016 at 01:44 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 80D, do the images actually measure up?

+1 @ two pieces to the puzzle:

A) Pixel Size
B) Total Area

Oct 10, 2016 at 02:10 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · 80D, do the images actually measure up?

Two threads on 80D image quality against the 7D2 I posted back when I bought the camera...

High ISO: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1423903/0

Deep push: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1423479/0

Oct 10, 2016 at 05:44 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password