Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Anyone else hoping for a Toggle for the FF/Crop function in the new menu...

eriet30
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone else hoping for a Toggle for the FF/Crop function in the new menu system

I sure would love this

Oct 07, 2016 at 06:43 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone else hoping for a Toggle for the FF/Crop function in the new menu system

Nope. Rather capture all those pixels and crop in post.

Oct 07, 2016 at 06:57 PM
mogul
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone else hoping for a Toggle for the FF/Crop function in the new menu system

It is automatic when you use a cropped lens.

Oct 07, 2016 at 07:00 PM
GabrielPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone else hoping for a Toggle for the FF/Crop function in the new menu system

Not for me although I recall someone giving a good reason for it if you do a lot of video. Cant recall which one was it lol
For me, give me options to set a speed to disable IBIS and specially EFCS and I will be a happy camper.

Oct 07, 2016 at 07:06 PM
andersd
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Anyone else hoping for a Toggle for the FF/Crop function in the new menu system

chez wrote:
Nope. Rather capture all those pixels and crop in post.

I could see the appeal of using a button to turn it into APS-C mode, with associated increase in write speed. When the crop takes place in the camera it is also easier to compose the shot properly during capture.

Oct 07, 2016 at 08:11 PM
joychris
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Anyone else hoping for a Toggle for the FF/Crop function in the new menu system

I shoot a lot of video with the a7rII, it would be incredibly handy to have that assigned to a C button. Though some prefer to crop in post, I prefer to get the composition in cam, I use it often when shooting with the 70-200 as well. Though I think I'm offloading it in favor of a couple a6500's, so it might not be an issue for me much longer.

Oct 08, 2016 at 07:26 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Anyone else hoping for a Toggle for the FF/Crop function in the new menu system

andersd wrote:
I could see the appeal of using a button to turn it into APS-C mode, with associated increase in write speed. When the crop takes place in the camera it is also easier to compose the shot properly during capture.

Sure, I can see it helping with composition...but then I've brought back images which I've cropped different ways to get different visions of the same thing. By doing the cropping in camera, you are limiting what can be done in post.

I don't think I'd ever use an in camera crop mode as I shoot mainly landscapes and travel and usually need as much resolution as possible.

Oct 08, 2016 at 08:21 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Anyone else hoping for a Toggle for the FF/Crop function in the new menu system

I would at least like it in the Fn section as I do use it sometimes just as I would like review, effects on/ off as well. Frankly everything should be available in the Fn section. It's a shortcut that I use often to get to things.

Oct 08, 2016 at 08:25 PM
JimUe
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Anyone else hoping for a Toggle for the FF/Crop function in the new menu system

What for?

Oct 08, 2016 at 08:31 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Anyone else hoping for a Toggle for the FF/Crop function in the new menu system

More specific.

Oct 08, 2016 at 09:37 PM
FMTopFan
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Anyone else hoping for a Toggle for the FF/Crop function in the new menu system

I wonder if Sony showed the new menu in its entirety during the A6500 launch. If yes, someone must be in the know about the existence of the direct FF/APSc toggle.

Oct 09, 2016 at 03:50 AM
joychris
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Anyone else hoping for a Toggle for the FF/Crop function in the new menu system

GMPhotography wrote:
I would at least like it in the Fn section as I do use it sometimes just as I would like review, effects on/ off as well. Frankly everything should be available in the Fn section. It's a shortcut that I use often to get to things.

Agreed, more options need to be available in the Fn menu. I'd be fine with that as well.

Oct 09, 2016 at 09:03 AM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.