New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Family Headshots

howie013

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Family Headshots

Set up a few studio lights and took some headshots of the fam. My son wanted his converted to black and white so that's what we did. Struggled a little bit to get the background the way I wanted it but happier with the last picture of my daughter. The lighting setup was a combination of fluorescent bulbs with 32" octa-boxes and speed lights. Different photos were re-touched using lightroom, Perfectly Clear, and ON1 Portrait.

Dad

Mom

Daughter

Son

Edited on Oct 11, 2016 at 01:38 AM · View previous versions

Oct 07, 2016 at 05:21 PM
JohnBrose
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Family Headshots

they look nice, iris' are a bit too bright for my liking, but it's a personal choice. good looking family. I like lighting on "dad" best other than the bit of light on the shadowed nostril.

Oct 07, 2016 at 07:27 PM
eSchwab
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Family Headshots

They're nice. I agree that they are a little too bright. I also prefer more dimensional lighting. Right now it appears that both lights have equal amounts of power. I think they would benefit from a little less on one of them to act as a fill.

Oct 07, 2016 at 08:03 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Family Headshots

Could you post them smaller? I'm seeing about half of your pictures on my screen. That doesn't show them at their best.

Oct 07, 2016 at 09:53 PM
howie013

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Family Headshots

Apologize for the huge size of the photos. My first time posting photos to the forums for feedback. Is there a way to delete these photos and replace them with resized versions or do I have to start a new "topic".

As for the comments on the lighting being too bright I was going for a flat look ala Peter Hurley on the photos of my wife and kids. As stated, its a personal choice The only difference between the main and fill lights is that I had both an inner and outer diffusion panel on 1 and just the inner diffusion panel on another. I did attempt to add a hair light to the picture of my daughter (rather unsuccessfully) but I think I can solve that with a snoot that I have.

JohnBrose - thanks for pointing out the light on the "shadowed" nostril. I hadn't caught that. Will have to play with the positioning and strength of lights!

Oct 08, 2016 at 03:27 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password