Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · HS Girls Soccer - Round 1 District Playoffs

timgangloff
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · HS Girls Soccer - Round 1 District Playoffs

Had some beautiful light last night for most of the game with a 5pm start time, but as the game went into overtime, we had to crank the ISO as the sun went down on the unlit field. I was thrilled to see my daughter score the game winner with just a few minutes before they would have gone to penalty kicks. Onto round 2 on Saturday for harsh light, but maybe we'll get some cloud cover from hurricane Matthew.

Anyway, about these images. I sat on the ground to get a really low angle and sometimes the crown of the field hurt,cutting off feet. I also hand held my 400 2.8 IS, and while it was tough to hold, I only shot action near me, for the most part, so rested it on the ground frequently. I find that I am much better and tracking action when not using a monopod. So much so, that I've even contemplated getting a 300 to track even better. Maybe I'll just save and get the 400 2.8 IS II so I can hold hold for longer periods. I love the low angle from sitting right on the grass and staying low with the glass.

timgangloff 2016

timgangloff 2016

timgangloff 2016

timgangloff 2016

timgangloff 2016

Edited on Oct 07, 2016 at 07:06 PM · View previous versions

Oct 07, 2016 at 04:08 PM
rrrgpotts

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · HS Girls Soccer - Round 1 District Playoffs

Good stuff.

Oct 07, 2016 at 05:02 PM
mikekeating
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · HS Girls Soccer - Round 1 District Playoffs

Nice set!

Looks like the crew built our fields built yours .

Oct 07, 2016 at 07:50 PM
schlotz
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · HS Girls Soccer - Round 1 District Playoffs

Tim, love the low light action captures. All good and my pick is #3 We have same type of crowned field here. I've resorted to using a small 3 legged collapsible seat in order to get the 400 up just enough to keep players with their feet attached

Matt

Oct 07, 2016 at 08:38 PM
Aqualung
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · HS Girls Soccer - Round 1 District Playoffs

very nice Tim, like that lighting...

Chris

Oct 08, 2016 at 12:42 AM
timgangloff
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · HS Girls Soccer - Round 1 District Playoffs

mikekeating wrote:
Nice set!

Looks like the crew built our fields built yours .

Yeah, a proper crown would be tolerable. This is more of rolling meadows you'd find in the mid-west plains.

Oct 08, 2016 at 04:27 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

timgangloff
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · HS Girls Soccer - Round 1 District Playoffs

schlotz wrote:
Tim, love the low light action captures. All good and my pick is #3 We have same type of crowned field here. I've resorted to using a small 3 legged collapsible seat in order to get the 400 up just enough to keep players with their feet attached

Matt

Thanks Matt. I've got a great small stool that gets me about 1 foot off the ground but I was trying to get even lower. It doesn't work too well on our undulating field. In some places, the crown is probably 2 - 3 feet or more and it's not consistent.

Oct 08, 2016 at 04:29 AM
schlotz
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · HS Girls Soccer - Round 1 District Playoffs

timgangloff wrote:
Thanks Matt. I've got a great small stool that gets me about 1 foot off the ground but I was trying to get even lower. It doesn't work too well on our undulating field. In some places, the crown is probably 2 - 3 feet or more and it's not consistent.

Sounds like our fields are very similar. I've been using this one for a few years. Cheaper models just didn't cut it. Walkstool 45cm(18in)

Oct 08, 2016 at 12:03 PM
finster1018
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · HS Girls Soccer - Round 1 District Playoffs

all great work as usual Tim! Always look forward to your captures. And schlotz, that's an awesome idea! I hate having to kneel for shots and then getting up with gear on my back. For football I don't see using it, but for soccer, this product would be perfect!

Oct 09, 2016 at 02:11 PM
timgangloff
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · HS Girls Soccer - Round 1 District Playoffs

Thanks

This is what I use. Folds flat. Easy to carry and matches my lens coat. :-)

https://www.amazon.com/Rothco-4474-Folding-Camp-Stool/dp/B018MSPQRI

Oct 09, 2016 at 06:49 PM
BillP57
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · HS Girls Soccer - Round 1 District Playoffs

Very nice shots, the light is great. Only problem with the light this time of year is that it disappears before the game is over.

Bill

Oct 09, 2016 at 07:23 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password