Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Buy & Sell notification features not working. Any fix in sight?

eleazar123

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Buy & Sell notification features not working. Any fix in sight?

Hey everyone, I signed up for the Buy & Sell program exclusively for the SMS PM notification and the keyword alert notifications. I was very bummed to find out that the features do not work.

Unfortunately the SMS notifications do not work at all. What's also weird/frustrating, ever since I put my number into my profile page, I have received 5+ spam phone calls per day (possibly unrelated, but seems like quite a coincidence).

Based on the SMS notification feature thread, it looks like SMS hasn't been working since 2014, or 2015 at best.

The PM when a keyword is found is working, but it doesn't e-mail or send an SMS, so it's largely worthless as I have to keep checking the FM page to see if I have any PMs, and at that point, I might as well just view the Buy & Sell forum myself.

Hopefully people don't think I'm attacking the forum as a whole. I really like it here. I just felt like I had to say something since I feel like I was jipped out of the advertised features (and it says no refunds for any reason will be given). It just seems kind of disingenuous to still advertise these features when they haven't been working properly for months at a minimum (if not years).

Oct 07, 2016 at 09:20 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Buy & Sell notification features not working. Any fix in sight?

Go to the link in the uppermost right hand corner of this page. You will see there the name of the site's owner, Fred Miranda. Send him a PM to advise him of the difficulty you're having. Also be advised he is a working photog in the very best sense of those terms. How the hell he maintains this site and does the photography he does, well, blows my mind. Hence, it may take sometime before he gets back to you. HTH

Oct 07, 2016 at 11:25 AM
eleazar123

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Buy & Sell notification features not working. Any fix in sight?

anthonysemone wrote:
Go to the link in the uppermost right hand corner of this page. You will see there the name of the site's owner, Fred Miranda. Send him a PM to advise him of the difficulty you're having. Also be advised he is a working photog in the very best sense of those terms. How the hell he maintains this site and does the photography he does, well, blows my mind. Hence, it may take sometime before he gets back to you. HTH

Thanks! I will definitely try that.

Some of his pictures are the best I've ever seen.

Oct 07, 2016 at 11:26 AM
Etherton
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Buy & Sell notification features not working. Any fix in sight?

SMS has been intermittent for quite a while now.

Oct 12, 2016 at 03:20 PM
eleazar123

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Buy & Sell notification features not working. Any fix in sight?

Yeah definitely spam.

Back to the original post, I've received SMS notifications probably 4 times total now (over the past month). Definitely intermittent at best. I PM'd Fred but he still hasn't read it (since October 7th)

Nov 03, 2016 at 12:24 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.