FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · Several shots using the Tamron 150-600 G2 with 1.4TC

MedicineMan404
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Several shots using the Tamron 150-600 G2 with 1.4TC

EB-1 wrote:
Do you find the IQ better than other 150-600 lenses and can you describe a comparison without a TC to known Canon lenses?

EBH

OK EBH you're disapointed with this lens; don't let my work tell the tale. I know many can do better. Personally I love the lens...for the days I don't want to hump my 500ISii in and out of harms way (slips/falls/cracks/dings) or when I want to be able to carry a lens further than the parking lot I think this one will be great.

Oct 09, 2016 at 01:30 AM
MedicineMan404
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Several shots using the Tamron 150-600 G2 with 1.4TC

Pixel Perfect wrote:
I wouldn't use the 1.4x TC with the 7DII as a general rule (unless it's a static or slow moving subject). It, already is a 1.6x TC compared to 1DXII, so still out-pixels the 1DXII + 1.4x combo. 7DII + 150-600 will AF better than 1DXII + 150-600 + 1.4x. Same story with 5DsR, keep the lens bare for AF work.

Good to see though the IQ holds up really well. Looks like a winner.

What I want to see is the TAmron on the SOny A9II, I thi9nk it's coming in A-mount, I want to see hwat 42MP and 12fps
...Show more

PixelP I have a99ii pre-ordered. I have the 1st gen Tam 150-600 in a-mount. I'll start there. So far with the EOS mount TamG2 it looks like I will be upgrading the 1st gen in a-mount. But no rush. We're also waiting out the EOS M5 and I want to give it some time too.

We've got Panama 1st of November-shave the a99ii won't be here for that trip.

Oct 09, 2016 at 01:33 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Several shots using the Tamron 150-600 G2 with 1.4TC

MedicineMan404 wrote:
OK EBH you're disapointed with this lens; don't let my work tell the tale. I know many can do better. Personally I love the lens...for the days I don't want to hump my 500ISii in and out of harms way (slips/falls/cracks/dings) or when I want to be able to carry a lens further than the parking lot I think this one will be great.

I can't judge much from 1-sided posted images. I need A-B or fixed references due to my brain bias. I did not mean to imply anything negative about your images.

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the lens. I can wait a few weeks and see if there are any firmware or compatibility issues. Mainly I would be using it on the 5D IV.

EBH

Oct 09, 2016 at 01:48 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Several shots using the Tamron 150-600 G2 with 1.4TC

MedicineMan404 wrote:
Promise I didn't do it on purpose, in fact I wouldn't know how to strip or add.

No problem, Robert.

With Photoshop (and maybe other software) if you "Save for Web...", it automatically strips the EXIF which is embedded in every photo you take.

If you use "Save As..." instead, it leaves the EXIF intact.

Tony

Oct 09, 2016 at 02:17 AM
MedicineMan404
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Several shots using the Tamron 150-600 G2 with 1.4TC

Imagemaster wrote:
No problem, Robert.

With Photoshop (and maybe other software) if you "Save for Web...", it automatically strips the EXIF which is embedded in every photo you take.

If you use "Save As..." instead, it leaves the EXIF intact.

Tony

ImageMaster I've only always used 'Save as' in PScc, never used 'Save for Web...'; didn't know about it, nor ever looked for it until now. But I'm willing

Oct 09, 2016 at 03:46 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

MedicineMan404
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Several shots using the Tamron 150-600 G2 with 1.4TC

EB-1 wrote:
I can't judge much from 1-sided posted images. I need A-B or fixed references due to my brain bias. I did not mean to imply anything negative about your images.

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the lens. I can wait a few weeks and see if there are any firmware or compatibility issues. Mainly I would be using it on the 5D IV.

EBH

EB I don't know 100% on the confidence-thing may fall apart tomorrow! But the 1st gen is still going strong and this new gen. seems much better built/attended to.
Go ahead and imply negative about my images! I've got seriously thick skin. If I don't want to hear the clamor I just say no C/C, but this is a new lens and people want to know so the more C/C the better and might save someone some grief.
I'd just think that anyone expecting big white L knows from the get-go it ain't there.

Oct 09, 2016 at 03:50 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Several shots using the Tamron 150-600 G2 with 1.4TC

MedicineMan404 wrote:
ImageMaster I've only always used 'Save as' in PScc, never used 'Save for Web...'; didn't know about it, nor ever looked for it until now. But I'm willing

Maybe you or someone else could check your post-processing steps, because somewhere along the line the exif is being stripped.

When you view any of your images with most exif viewers, you should be able to see all this info:

Oct 09, 2016 at 04:29 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Several shots using the Tamron 150-600 G2 with 1.4TC

EB-1 wrote:
Somehow I'm not expecting 42-50 MP IQ from this lens, especially at 600 mm.

EBH

Ok, I'll throw out all my 5DsR shots with my Sigma C, it's clearly a coke bottle.

Oct 09, 2016 at 07:01 AM
MedicineMan404
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Several shots using the Tamron 150-600 G2 with 1.4TC

Sorry about EXIF guys. I'm still studying EXIF. To me all I really know about EXIF is what shows up on the Flickr page But I am reading up on it in LR and PS. Speaking of Flickers we put up several Screech Owl boxes; I was working a Cardinal in a pine tree and my eye caught movement-looked and a Northern Flicker was on/in the owl box ha! I was using the 1DXii and 300mm in the blind working the Cardinal but had the 7Dii and TamG2 sitting close....these at 600mm and when he's near the hole at 500mm (first one). All shots approx 45-60 feet from the box.
Oh, forgot something else, these were handheld if that matters to those considering this lens.

Special visitor 4 by MedicineMan4040, on Flickr

Special visitor 3 by MedicineMan4040, on Flickr

Ooops, one more-

Special visitor 2 by MedicineMan4040, on Flickr

I've just been googling what to feed Flickers, it would be wonderful if they decided to stay! In the past I've only seen maybe one per year and I like them. But what if a Screech Owl decides to move in? I guess I need to get more boxes up!

Oct 11, 2016 at 12:03 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password