New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Dell HDMI and Display Port

Brad Williams
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dell HDMI and Display Port

I sat down at my computer tonight and it was installing updates.

When it finished, the two monitors look completely different... The Display Port looks normal, the HDMI monitor looks washed out...

What happened?

Dell XPS
Windows 10
Two 27" Dell Ultra HD 4K monitors

Oct 07, 2016 at 04:29 AM
schlotz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dell HDMI and Display Port

Sounds like a driver issue When you originally installed your monitors was there a driver disk involved? If so, try re-installing it.

Oct 09, 2016 at 12:17 PM
Brad Williams
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dell HDMI and Display Port

schlotz wrote:
Sounds like a driver issue When you originally installed your monitors was there a driver disk involved? If so, try re-installing it.

This Dell has been nightmare. Out of the box it didn't work, and after many evenings on the phone and waiting for them to ship disks to re-install the OS, I finally got it working. I never did install anything for the monitors or video card.

Oct 10, 2016 at 09:15 PM
Todd Warnke
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Dell HDMI and Display Port

I have an XPS15 that is wonderful. That said, it takes some care to get things right. You likely have two video cards (the Intel on-board card, and the Nvidia card). It is possible for a single card to drive both displays, it is also possible that each display is using a different card. You need to make that you know what is happening and that you using the card that gets you the results you want.

Peace,

Todd

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:34 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Dell HDMI and Display Port

Have you reinstalled the calibration software and recalibrated the monitors?
MS is quite nasty with their Win 10 updates which often break perfectly good software.

EBH

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:39 PM
Mr Mouse
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Dell HDMI and Display Port

My Dell has a Nvidia Quadro K2200 it is driving three Displays. Two 20" 4:3 1600x1200 Dell displays and a Dell 24: 16:9 3840x2160 4K display the First 20: Display is connected via DVI the second via a DVI to Display port. Abd the 4k Via Display port. The Color is good on all displays Dell IPS displays. However, the 20" displays are quite old and color not a good as the new 4K display.
http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/DellT3620Displays.jpg
http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/DellT3620.jpg

Oct 11, 2016 at 03:07 AM
Brad Williams
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Dell HDMI and Display Port

Todd Warnke wrote:
I have an XPS15 that is wonderful. That said, it takes some care to get things right. You likely have two video cards (the Intel on-board card, and the Nvidia card). It is possible for a single card to drive both displays, it is also possible that each display is using a different card. You need to make that you know what is happening and that you using the card that gets you the results you want.

Peace,

Todd

EB-1 wrote:
Have you reinstalled the calibration software and recalibrated the monitors?
MS is quite nasty with their Win 10 updates which often break perfectly good software.

EBH

Mr Mouse wrote:
My Dell has a Nvidia Quadro K2200 it is driving three Displays. Two 20" 4:3 1600x1200 Dell displays and a Dell 24: 16:9 3840x2160 4K display the First 20: Display is connected via DVI the second via a DVI to Display port. Abd the 4k Via Display port. The Color is good on all displays Dell IPS displays. However, the 20" displays are quite old and color not a good as the new 4K display.

Thanks for all the ideas. Crazy thing happened. I right-clicked on the background and noticed a "Graphics Properties". I decided to click on that and see what it was. (In the past I was going through control panel). I looked around in there, didn't change anything and when I exited, the monitor that was off went back to normal...

Must have just been hung up on somthing.

Oct 13, 2016 at 01:25 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password