Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · X-Pro2 Eyecup destroyed itself - replacement?

darthalal
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · X-Pro2 Eyecup destroyed itself - replacement?

I pulled my X-Pro2 out of my bag earlier today and was horrified to see only half of the eyecup attached. There was no excessive drag or friction or sticking when I pulled the camera out (I'm always very careful/protective of my gear), and some experimentation after the fact reveals that the inside of my bag and the eyecup rubber are really friendly/grippy to each other, and it seems just pulling the camera out was enough to tear the rubber.

I tried to call Fuji to order a new rubber piece, but they're closed for today (will try again tomorrow), and after some googling, it sounds like they won't sell me one anyway. The threads I'm finding say Fuji insists that you send the camera to them to replace the viewfinder assembly under warranty, instead of just sending a new rubber piece, even though this sounds like a common issue. This would be fine, but my X-Pro2 is grey market (serves me right, I guess!), and my only camera (some people quoted up to 3 week turnaround time for their repair). Has anyone had this happen recently and know if this is still Fuji's stance?

Oct 06, 2016 at 11:02 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · X-Pro2 Eyecup destroyed itself - replacement?

Apparently this is a common problem if the complaints online are to be believed. One person stated that he contact Fuji in New Jersey and they sent out a replacement at no charge. So, call NJ Fuji.

Oct 07, 2016 at 12:28 AM
rbf_
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · X-Pro2 Eyecup destroyed itself - replacement?

I've heard of it too

Oct 07, 2016 at 01:19 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

charles.K
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · X-Pro2 Eyecup destroyed itself - replacement?

I cannot vouch for the Fuji service in the US, but in Australia they are excellent.

As suggested call, and I am sure they will respond very quickly

Oct 07, 2016 at 01:20 AM
darthalal
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · X-Pro2 Eyecup destroyed itself - replacement?

James R wrote:
Apparently this is a common problem if the complaints online are to be believed.

rbf_ wrote:
I've heard of it too

It seems like such a strange issue to be a common one! It's the only complaint or problem I've had with the camera so far, though, so I suppose I'll take it.

James R wrote:
One person stated that he contact Fuji in New Jersey and they sent out a replacement at no charge. So, call NJ Fuji.

charles.K wrote:
I cannot vouch for the Fuji service in the US, but in Australia they are excellent.

As suggested call, and I am sure they will respond very quickly

Thanks, guys, this has me feeling a bit more hopeful. I'll try to give them a call again tomorrow (can be tricky, since they're on the east coast and I'm on the west), and update with what I find out.

Oct 07, 2016 at 02:13 AM
darthalal
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · X-Pro2 Eyecup destroyed itself - replacement?

Had a chance to give them another call; I tried to order one and they said "we do actually have a problem with that part, so if you just give us your name, phone number, address, and serial number, we'll get a new one sent out to you." So that's great!

I'm still expecting a "Sorry, we can't do that" phone call because of the whole grey market thing, but I suppose we'll see. *fingers crossed*

Oct 07, 2016 at 04:38 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password