New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · LSI chips expands

mogul
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · LSI chips expands

The new LSI chip has expanded from the 99II to the rx100V and 6500....the rest of the photo industry is being left behind as Sony starts to flex their muscles. Come on Sony, expand your premium lens making capabilities and let these new cameras shine.

Oct 06, 2016 at 03:06 PM
ecarlino
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · LSI chips expands

i nearly posted this on the a6500 thread - i'm really excited to see this new chip being rolled out into these cameras b/c i was worried it might be reserved for only the highest end - i think the capabilities are a game changer and i can't wait to have it in an a7r3.

Oct 06, 2016 at 03:24 PM
snapsy
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · LSI chips expands

Sony isn't the first company to use multiple image processing / hardware control ASICs. Canon started using dual DIGIC processors with the 1D Mark III and uses dual DIGIC on their 7D Mark II as well. Samsung's ASIC in the NX1 has 5 internal cores and is one of the fastest image processing chips available for any camera. The EXPEED ASIC in the Nikon 1 line of cameras can do 60 fps @ 20mp, pushing over 1 GB of data a second.

Oct 06, 2016 at 03:30 PM
mogul
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · LSI chips expands

This is a little different...hell my 900 uses 2 processing boards. This chip enable the bionx 10 cpu to really increase its efficiency for the these draw dropping specs.

Oct 06, 2016 at 03:34 PM
ecarlino
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · LSI chips expands

snapsy wrote:
Sony isn't the first company to use multiple image processing / hardware control ASICs

(for me) it isn't about the other brands; it's that i'm excited about the camera system i use having vastly improved capabilities.

Oct 06, 2016 at 03:36 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

snapsy
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · LSI chips expands

mogul wrote:
This is a little different...hell my 900 uses 2 processing boards. This chip enable the bionx 10 cpu to really increase its efficiency for the these draw dropping specs.

Ultimately all that matters is the performance of the camera. Some cameras are slow with two ASICs. Others are very fast using a single ASIC. The specific arrangement of chips (ie, how the performance objective is met) is mostly marketing fodder.

Oct 06, 2016 at 03:48 PM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · LSI chips expands

Yep. Ye olde a900 was a solid body. I will have to buy one some day. That being said, the LSI step is awfully exciting. Sony sure knows how to leverage their technology. Problem? Old chip architecture. Solution? Create a highly efficient infrastructure to support it best. Makes me excited for the next generation Bionz to be used with LSI.

mogul wrote:

Oct 06, 2016 at 03:50 PM
realVivek
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · LSI chips expands

ecarlino wrote:
(for me) it isn't about the other brands; it's that i'm excited about the camera system i use having vastly improved capabilities.

Indeed. If they bring back lossless RAW again, it would be great!

Oct 06, 2016 at 04:48 PM
bjornthun
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · LSI chips expands

The commercial for the new A6500also mentions this new front end LSI.

Oct 06, 2016 at 05:36 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password