FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · Sony could learn so much

joychris
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Sony could learn so much

TheEmrys wrote:
Nope. Sony doesn't do a firmware update that is anything but necessary. The lone exception was when my a7II got pdaf for my a-mount lenses. That was the first time I felt like a Fuji owner - meaningful upgrade.

And it is nice to look down the road on my XT2 and wonder how much improved it will be in 2 years. Never could do that with Sony.

You could also play devil's advocate and take a glass is half empty approach to Fuji - as in they release an unfinished camera and complete the engineering/refinements with FW updates. The AF in the Xpro2 seems like a prime example of that, they get it right-er in the XT2 and then port it to the unfinished camera. Fuji still hasn't figured out eye-AF like Sony has, and the "4k" in the XT2 is awful compared to the A6300/6500. I'm sure there will be more updates when they finally get it right. Though I have my doubts whether the video will ever be near what the a6300 does right now.

I'll take IBIS, the touchscreen, sharp video and high frame rates along with the best tracking AF in a mirrorless camera (IMO) over anything Fuji has released so far. That's why I'm buying two a6500's.

Oct 06, 2016 at 06:47 PM
Viramati
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Sony could learn so much

In starting this thread I really wasn't getting into comparing the system, which is better for this or for that. I was just pointing to the fact that fuji has a different approach to FW updates and yes some of these are just improving existing areas and functions of the cameras but they also add new functions and update the user interface in a way that Sony just will not do.

Oct 06, 2016 at 09:23 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Sony could learn so much

joychris wrote:
I'll take IBIS, the touchscreen, sharp video and high frame rates along with the best tracking AF in a mirrorless camera (IMO) over anything Fuji has released so far. That's why I'm buying two a6500's.

Fuji could learn from Sony.

Oct 06, 2016 at 10:06 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

justruss
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Sony could learn so much

ken.vs.ryu wrote:

+1.

Funny, how in life it almost always isn't a one-way street. Which is to say: no party has a monopoly on doing it the right way... and there usually isn't a monolithic right way to begin with!

I can't think of a single contemporary camera or lens maker that doesn't have something others could learn from-- while having boatloads it could learn from the others.

Oct 07, 2016 at 07:12 AM
Viramati
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Sony could learn so much

ken.vs.ryu wrote:

Again this is not about which is the better camera

Oct 07, 2016 at 07:32 AM
hiepphotog
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Sony could learn so much

Viramati wrote:
Again this is not about which is the better camera

Well, it actually is . Cause if those updates from Fuji are not to make their a "better" camera, then we wouldn't even have this discussion. Personally, I'm waiting for Fuji to release an update to rid of their X-Trans and to make their sensor bigger than APS-C. I doubt posting 20 or so updates Fuji released to "fix" their X-Pro 2 is the constructive way to ask Sony users to be more pro-active in asking Sony for a better camera support. Each company has their pros and cons. Sony puts more resources on developing something else other than firmware update. For me, I would buy a camera based on the feature set that I can use Today, not on what I would hope to have in the future. I have no doubt if Sony sees that Fuji would ever gain more traction in the market share, they would go Kaizen as well. Sony is just too comfortable right now using their current strategy.

Oct 07, 2016 at 05:38 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password