New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · New firmware out - Xpro1/2, lots of lenses

TheEmrys
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New firmware out - Xpro1/2, lots of lenses

Lens updates seem to be paralax OVF voodoo. But the Xpro1 got an update! Cool deal, Fuji!

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/fw_table.html

Oct 05, 2016 at 08:32 PM
rbf_
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New firmware out - Xpro1/2, lots of lenses

FW update party!

Oct 05, 2016 at 08:35 PM
Edward Castro
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New firmware out - Xpro1/2, lots of lenses

Just remember folks, if you have an important photography session coming up and your camera is working fine, hold off on doing the update.

Oct 05, 2016 at 08:54 PM
rbf_
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New firmware out - Xpro1/2, lots of lenses

Edward Castro wrote:
Just remember folks, if you have an important photography session coming up and your camera is working fine, hold off on doing the update.

Yes, particularly since this update for the XP2 will add support for the new X500 flash unit and break a lot of third party support, including my nifty Nissin i40 I do believe they support downgrade as well though.

Oct 05, 2016 at 08:58 PM
Rand47
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New firmware out - Xpro1/2, lots of lenses

And, make sure to update body firmware prior to lens firmware. It may be an issue that has been resolved, but doing this in reverse order (lens first) caused some bricked camera bodies the last time there was an update for both body and lenses. Better cautious than sorry.

Rand

Edited on Oct 07, 2016 at 07:44 AM · View previous versions

Oct 05, 2016 at 09:31 PM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New firmware out - Xpro1/2, lots of lenses

It does say that both the Xpro1 and 2 must be updated prior to the lenses update. I just updated my lenses, apparently for no reason as I have an XT2 instead of the Xpro2. Three cheers for late night desires to "get something done."

If it is any consolation, I did three at once. Copied all the firmware files over, and was able to update the 16, 23, and 18-135 in order. I have to say that Fuji has a pretty slick, smart method of firmware updates.

I cannot wait to see what the XT2 is going to look like in 2 years.

Oct 05, 2016 at 11:58 PM
darthalal
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New firmware out - Xpro1/2, lots of lenses

TheEmrys wrote:
It does say that both the Xpro1 and 2 must be updated prior to the lenses update. I just updated my lenses, apparently for no reason as I have an XT2 instead of the Xpro2. Three cheers for late night desires to "get something done."

If it is any consolation, I did three at once. Copied all the firmware files over, and was able to update the 16, 23, and 18-135 in order. I have to say that Fuji has a pretty slick, smart method of firmware updates.

I cannot wait to see what the XT2 is going to look like
...Show more

I was able to do the same; X-Pro2, then 14mm, 23mm, 35mm, 50-140mm, all from the same card that I copied the updates onto all at once. *thumbs up*

Oct 06, 2016 at 12:02 AM
lexvo
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New firmware out - Xpro1/2, lots of lenses

Kudos to Fuji for bringing out a firmware update for the 4 year old X-Pro1!

Oct 06, 2016 at 10:30 AM
esanchez
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New firmware out - Xpro1/2, lots of lenses

Yes even if it's just a small update. That is why I love Fuji and still love my X-Pro1

lexvo wrote:
Kudos to Fuji for bringing out a firmware update for the 4 year old X-Pro1!

Oct 06, 2016 at 11:09 AM
liggy
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · New firmware out - Xpro1/2, lots of lenses

rbf_ wrote:
Yes, particularly since this update for the XP2 will add support for the new X500 flash unit and break a lot of third party support, including my nifty Nissin i40 I do believe they support downgrade as well though.

Yep - I'm afraid I'm going to have to wait on the X-P2 upgrade as I'll need the i40 working on the X-P2 in a couple of weeks.

You early adopters can do the heavy lifting on the debugging.

Oct 06, 2016 at 11:30 AM
SethD
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · New firmware out - Xpro1/2, lots of lenses

Any word yet on whether this upgrade plays nicely with the Zeiss Touit's (12 and 32)?

Oct 06, 2016 at 01:14 PM
flash
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · New firmware out - Xpro1/2, lots of lenses

I really like my i40's. Any news on whether we will be able to update the flash so it's not bricked on the new camera firmware?

Gordon

Oct 09, 2016 at 02:54 PM
liggy
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · New firmware out - Xpro1/2, lots of lenses

flash wrote:
I really like my i40's. Any news on whether we will be able to update the flash so it's not bricked on the new camera firmware?

Gordon

Yep! There is an update from Nissin. You'll need to contact your local distributor.

Oct 09, 2016 at 03:25 PM
Berschwinger
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · New firmware out - Xpro1/2, lots of lenses

All this about needing to do the camera first before lenses - what about cameras that didn't receive an update? Is my X-T1 going to brick because I updated my lens?

Oct 11, 2016 at 10:07 AM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · New firmware out - Xpro1/2, lots of lenses

Berschwinger wrote:
All this about needing to do the camera first before lenses - what about cameras that didn't receive an update? Is my X-T1 going to brick because I updated my lens?

Why would it? It is only applicable to the two bodies that need updates.

Oct 11, 2016 at 11:26 AM
Berschwinger
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · New firmware out - Xpro1/2, lots of lenses

Just an honest question: if a working x-pro2 and 18 f/2 combo will brick by just updating the lens, why would the x-t1 be any different? Only difference is there is no new release of x-t1 firmware. I'm sure there is no issue to be had, but the logic doesn't make sense when the x-pro2's old firmware also came after the x-t1's current.

Oct 12, 2016 at 11:02 AM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · New firmware out - Xpro1/2, lots of lenses

Because the lens update is set to corrdct issues with the OVF. In the firmware, the lens (and body) are both aware that there is no OVF to check for. That entire sequence of code logic is bypassed.

Berschwinger wrote:
Just an honest question: if a working x-pro2 and 18 f/2 combo will brick by just updating the lens, why would the x-t1 be any different? Only difference is there is no new release of x-t1 firmware. I'm sure there is no issue to be had, but the logic doesn't make sense when the x-pro2's old firmware also came after the x-t1's current.

Oct 12, 2016 at 11:12 AM
Pavel
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · New firmware out - Xpro1/2, lots of lenses

Support for a four year X-Pro1? Is Fuji amazing, or what?

Oct 12, 2016 at 02:18 PM
GiovanniAprea
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · New firmware out - Xpro1/2, lots of lenses

Which on field improvements did you notice? I am interested into the old X-Pro1 and the 14-35 and 18-55 coupled with the camera.

Thank you

Oct 13, 2016 at 09:38 AM
SethD
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · New firmware out - Xpro1/2, lots of lenses

To answer my own question - I upgraded and the Zeiss lenses seem to work just fine.

Oct 14, 2016 at 08:04 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.